UKBouldering.com

Full Circle (Read 2507 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Full Circle
October 28, 2010, 08:08:22 pm
Wondering what theaccepted/popular hand start position is for this? Backhanding or undercutting the Lou F RH start hold with left hand and crossing over to the 2nd Lou F RH hold with right hand?

Is the central fingerrail in after you skip the first 3 Lou F left sidepulls?

Are you allowed to press out to the RH pocket off the ramp or do you finish as for Lou F sans 1 pocket.

Yours sincerely

A confused cave dweller

JohnM

• junky
#1 Re: Full Circle
October 28, 2010, 08:33:04 pm
Here's the beta.  After sitting on your mat, stand up (careful not to hit your head), walk out towards the light, crossing the road (you only need to look right) until you reach the wall.  Once here look out across the sea and think to yourself "what am I doing?".

JohnM

• junky
#2 Re: Full Circle
October 28, 2010, 08:38:03 pm
If the answer is still "Eliminates in a quarried cave!" then yeah I think you pull on back handing the first right handhold of LF.  There was a video online somewhere but can't remember where.   

joeisidle

• addict
#3 Re: Full Circle
October 29, 2010, 10:13:40 am

Nodder doing the second ascent

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Full Circle
November 01, 2010, 12:14:01 pm
You can start with those two holds in either hand, you don't use the slopers that i did though.  Generally people used the minging crimps instead, CJD hand beta my foot beta.  Between the two of us we could have made one decent climber.  If you could do the first move crossed then i think it makes the rest easier.  Yes you use the finger rail and pocket, yes its eliminate, yes its awesome, well if you use the slopers it is anyway hang on a minute its eliminate right? I am claiming that as the sloper version and give it 8b, and then there is the CJD version without the big footholds, sure he will give that 8b too.  And as we are doing eliminates who is keen for the second asscent of trigger cut?  And most of you cant have cave live anymore cos you did that shit drop down on the left wall instead of the cool cross through. 
Sorry run out of fags stuck in the wall ex cave dweller. 

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#5 Re: Full Circle
November 01, 2010, 01:44:33 pm
Thems the rules!  :rtfm:

Cheers for the feedback. Always good to have something lined up for the next mini siege. I quite liked the look of the sloper/pinch method. Much more appealing than minging crimps!

andy_e

• forum hero
#6 Re: Full Circle
November 05, 2010, 01:05:02 am
Here's the beta.  After sitting on your mat, stand up (careful not to hit your head), walk out towards the light, crossing the road (you only need to look right) until you reach the wall.  Once here look out across the sea and think to yourself "what am I doing?".

:agree:

You need to learn there are hard problems at places other than that grot hole!

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#7 Re: Full Circle
November 05, 2010, 08:28:41 am
So this is just Lou Ferrino without the first 3 left hand holds!? And it gets a name?

Rich I think there are a few other lines in there that need your attention before you need to start skipping holds and doing eliminates!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal