UKBouldering.com

Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen (Read 1866 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 20, 2007, 10:00:18 pm
I was looking at this photo and was wondering if there was anything on this wall? If so, is it in the NWB guide? I cant seem to find it, but I may well be going blind.

Excuse the crude photo editing skills, its amazing the quality you can get using Paint.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Re: Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 21, 2007, 12:16:24 am
Not that I'm aware of. Could be worth a look. The obvious block down and left by the lake side is the Renaissance of the Small hold block:

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=163

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#2 Re: Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 22, 2007, 12:27:10 am
Cheers Si.

Next time I'm down I may have a scan and see. I have been trying to gauge how big it is, but as it says on your site, its hard to tell from a distance!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 22, 2007, 12:45:44 pm
I don't think that size is the critical issue here. We know how big the Renaissance block is, and this wall/bluff or whatever it is, is clearly of a similar scale. The real question is whether it is a bag of shite or a stunning clean piece of rock with just enough holds/features in all the right places and a perfect landing? Unfortunately the odds are stacked against the latter, but you never can tell...

I'll send Commander Craine for a look, he loves stomping around discovering new bits of rock.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#4 Re: Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 25, 2007, 10:23:42 pm
Nice! If you could send someone else to look at it to save my legs and lungs, I'd be pleased!

The reason I asked was it seemed to be such an obvious lump of rock in a fully developed area. I figured it must be in the guide. I'm guessing it is a pile of cack, otherwise you would have known about it!

However, if it is undiscoverd, it must be known as Golt's outcrop for the rest of time!!  :)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5 Re: Boulder/Wall in the Ogwen
February 26, 2007, 11:51:25 am
Cheers Gruff.

I'm guessing its not worth the hike up the hillside to look then.......... Or is it?!!  :-\ ;)

Weird that we both noticed it at the same time as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal