UKBouldering.com

Premier Pro safe margins (Read 2453 times)

Stubbs

Premier Pro safe margins
February 20, 2007, 09:09:55 pm
One for all you film editers out there.

I've been using Premier Pro to edit some footage, and I didn't realise until after i'd exported it that the black area around the footage that makes up the 'safe margins' still appears once the file has been exported.  How do I get rid of this?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Premier Pro safe margins
February 21, 2007, 07:20:54 pm
Exported as avi?  Mine don't but I never had them on th eexported video.
What Project settings are you using (NTSC/PAL, Sizes) and what output settings are you using?

Stubbs

#2 Re: Premier Pro safe margins
February 22, 2007, 08:37:49 am
Yeah, exported as windows AVI. I took the safe margins down on the project settings>general page, but they were still there in the exported file.

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#3 Re: Premier Pro safe margins
February 22, 2007, 07:07:39 pm
Hi Stubbs - I use Premiere quite a bit but I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean. The Title Safe Area and the Action Safe Area are simply two boxes that appear in the Monitor window that act as a guide to indicate the recommended outer limits for text and action. They don't actually control what appears in the finished output. Neither do the boxes appear on your finished video. If text lies within the safe area then it should definietly be on-screen when viewed on a TV. You shouldn't need to change these values from their default unless your are exporting to some weird format. I'm guessing here but have you imported your video clip and then resized it to match the Action Safe Area box that appears in the Monitor window? This will result in you video being shrunk towards the centre of the screen and the spare bits round the edge (outside the Action Safe Area) will simply be black. If you are importing from DV tape then by default the clip should fit to the full screen (720 x 576 for PAL). Are you sure that the Premiere project that you started is of the same format as the video on your camcorder (i.e. PAL format camcorder needs to be imported into a PAL format project)? Hope this helps.

Stubbs

#4 Re: Premier Pro safe margins
February 22, 2007, 10:04:25 pm
I haven't resized the clip, but I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the formatting - i'm going to try and upload the footage into a new project with the right formatting and see if that solves the problem.

thanks for the help

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#5 Re: Premier Pro safe margins
February 22, 2007, 10:14:55 pm
etjoset and I are saying the same thing but he can express himself better.  Sorry and good luck!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal