UKBouldering.com

Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track (Read 2851 times)

yoda

• regular
Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 14, 2007, 05:08:41 pm
Ive started to edit a climbing film of myself and a couple of friends climbing in Northumberland,the lakes and Yorkshire,The only trouble is I am really struggling trying to find some decent music for it,considering it will be a home movie and not for sale,I'm pretty much up for anything, although some royalty free music would be considered if its decent enough, as this would have the advantage that I could put bits and pieces on tinternet if I chose to.any ideas guys??

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 14, 2007, 05:26:55 pm
i wouldnt worry about using peoples music and then puttin clips on the net, go on youtube and check out the vids most of them have music that aint royalty free. i dont really think anyone will care. so blast on some pantera or maybe DJ shadow for somethin a bit more chilled

yoda

• regular
#2 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 14, 2007, 10:44:31 pm
although I like dj shadow Ive always dismissed him,I'd just like a bit variation to the norm I suppose.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 15, 2007, 08:48:44 am
Are you a DJ, Yoda?

Copyright issues seem to be one of the major expenses for commercial videos. Unless it's cutting edge, I would just keep it for personal use and Cut and Paste any music you like from your collection.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 15, 2007, 09:13:41 am
You are free to use any music you like as long as you don't (a) advertise any commercial products in your video (b) sell it (c) show it commercially e.g. at a cinema.

yoda

• regular
#5 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 15, 2007, 04:41:55 pm
Nah Chris Im not dj yoda LOL,I do frequent oldschool hip hop/Electro forums though as I was an original Uk bboy back in the eighties but back to the question,I know I can virtually use anything but am really struggling to match something up to the footage,this always seems to be the hardest part for me once Ive decided on which tunes to play the rest always seems to come pretty easy.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#6 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 15, 2007, 04:47:24 pm
You are free to use any music you like as long as you don't (a) advertise any commercial products in your video (b) sell it (c) show it commercially e.g. at a cinema.

So using it on YouTube is OK?  Are you supposed to credit the source or does it not matter?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#7 Re: Moonwalk the planet-Original sound track
February 18, 2007, 06:57:11 pm
DJ Peace and Quiet is available for commissions...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal