UKBouldering.com

Hard Happenings in Font (Read 2809 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Hard Happenings in Font
February 19, 2007, 12:28:18 pm
Home of bouldering, and now home to some very hard problems. Sebastien Frigault has been crushing recently, seems like he's the unstoppable force in the area. Not so long ago he reclimbed the fat man/gourmandise roof from a sit start at the back and finishing directly up the right. He named this Le Dernier Fléau and graded it 8B+/C. More recently Antoine Vandeputte climbed the sit start to Kheops and graded that a mighty 8C making it joint hardest problem in the forest. It was only a matter of time before this was done, and I know at least one ukpunter who was keen to do it (time to find another last great line!).

In other font news, Caminati tore it up repeating UBIK assis, 8B, Fata Morgana Bas, 8B, Gecko, 8A+/B plus some some other "easy" problems all in a 10 day period.

Seems like conditions in the forest are favourable at the minute... shame I'm stuck at work.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:54:47 pm by unclesomebody, Reason: thanks nibile, I was rushing! »

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
February 19, 2007, 12:38:02 pm
wasnt it seb frigault for "le dernier fleau"?
not that makes difference for me...

Stubbs

#2 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
February 19, 2007, 01:38:26 pm
I can confirm there were some tres bon conditions last week, but also some rain and some t shirt weather, proper mixed bunch. 

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
    • http://www.customholds.com
#3 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
February 19, 2007, 10:37:45 pm
onki get your arse down, I am heading there next week, spare seat if you want.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#4 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
February 20, 2007, 05:00:18 pm
ha ha... you smited me for the reason "just because" !!!  HA HA... I can't go to font until atleast march because I have this little problem called a job. Have a good trip.

BD

• player
#5 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
March 21, 2007, 02:34:50 pm
antoine vandeputte did gecko assis a couple of days ago and graded it 8B+ and i think it's really cool to see some hard realizations happening in font lately. lots of people thought font was "dead" and the really hard stuff would have to happen somewhere else but with kheops assis, gecko assis and angamma, all this winter, it looks like a big turnaround again. especially because they're not some stamina problems like witness the fitness (which is sweet btw).
respect

BD

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Re: Hard Happenings in Font
March 22, 2007, 05:26:17 pm
only a fool thinks font is dead

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal