Jim

• forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Bouldering POI's FAQ
January 30, 2007, 09:00:30 am
What is it?

Bouldering POI's or points of intrest is a database file which is used with satellite navigation software to store the location of bouldering venues

What software do I need?

I have created these files for use with Tomtom v7. I am fairly sure these are backwards compatible with previous versions of tomtom. You can also convert them to be used with other satellite navigational software. A good place to start for this is POIedit. You also need the corresponding map to the area/country where the POI files are.

What maps do I need?

I used the following map when creating the database:

Western Europe_2GB_850_2801

As long as the maps cover the same area as the POI's they will work. the level of map detail will obviously be different in previous versions

How do I use them?

Download the bouldering POI archive and unzip it. Select which POI files you wish to use then need to put the 2 corresponding files for each POI category into the map folder on the memory card of your sat nav device.

Anything else I need to know?

The gps coordinates are only to the parking places for each crag so you will still need to navigate to the actual crag itself as you cannot include descriptions with POI's in its current version. It is important to note that although I have been to a lot of these places I haven't been to them all and as such these can only be used as a rough guide on how to get to the parking for each area
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:29:29 pm by Jim »

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: Bouldering POI's FAQ
January 30, 2007, 09:12:02 am
Look at me with the green stars  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal