UKBouldering.com

heres what i have (Read 1573 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 02:22:21 pm
- new brilliant edges on my fingerboard (the old ones were breaking and it was scary...) even smaller than before
- brand new, fast, 24-7 internet connection
- forecast for bad bad weather coming
- one million pages to study

why go out?

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 02:28:21 pm
You also need some fresh climbing dvds to fill in the down time between sets.  Oh, I see you have lots of studying to do...  I'd still get some dvds in.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 02:44:41 pm
- oh, nearly forgot: a girlfriend

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 03:26:53 pm
Bit of a faux pas that.  I hope she didn't have to remind you to add her to your list?

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#4 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:28:51 pm
of course not!!!
probably in the first post i was referring only to those things a man cant live without.

d'ho.
 ;)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#5 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:32:04 pm
 :lol:

And from your food-related posts Nibile, I'd also have to say that you have an incredible diet. Not to mention an incredible country. Which reminds me...Italy is on the hitlist of countries to visit this year.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:37:22 pm
just come south!

Monolith

• forum hero
#7 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:43:41 pm
Gone are the days of expensive modes of transport. You ought to be careful dishing out such tempting offers Nibile!
The way things are shaping up weather wise at the moment, you'll have the whole of the UKB posse knocking on your door!

But I will come south thankyou.

BenF

• forum hero
#8 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:53:17 pm
The way things are shaping up weather wise at the moment, you'll have the whole of the UKB posse knocking on your door!

Or purchasing accommodation within spitting distance of the Climbing Works. 

Monolith

• forum hero
#9 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 04:55:13 pm
Which incidentally is probably a very wise investment at this point in time given the effects of climate change!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#10 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 05:00:56 pm
weather wise, things are not fine down here also.
theres no snow in the alps, its very humid and very warm. currently where i live we have around 12°, and 20° in sicily.
i hope next weekend will be good.
and anyway, the forecast for cresciano is still very ok. must have a micro climate, that place.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#11 Re: heres what i have
January 17, 2007, 09:54:04 pm
According to the news on Radio 4 this evening they are to helicopter snow into a resort in Italy so they can crack on with their skiing antics.  Maybe it needs the CEO's annual skiing jaunts to be scuppered before multinationals start taking notice of global warming...

BenF

• forum hero
#12 Re: heres what i have
January 18, 2007, 08:22:57 am
Yeah, the snow situation is pretty dire this year from what I've heard.  A mate who's heading off somewhere alpine (my memory has erased the exact location) told me the other day that the place she's going has only 10cm's at the moment.

As Somebody's Fool suggested, once the CEO's etc finally begin to become affected by it all, maybe then big companies will start reducing their impacts, perhaps starting with unnecessary travel for meeting etc.  In this age of so many forms of digital connection it amazes me that there is so much business travel around the country and the planet.  Surely it makes business as well as environmental sense to reduce travel of employees.  I know face to face meetings are often important, but surely not as vital as the companies make out.  If one was a sceptic, you might think half the travel done by business is done just to get out of the office, to spend some time alone, to massage the ego by feeling important or simply to have a nice little jaunt somewhere nice (like Kettering).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal