UKBouldering.com

Pegs at Pex (Read 898 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Pegs at Pex
January 03, 2007, 02:09:27 pm
Of course it may be a troll but this was posted on UKC recently.

Speaking to a local activist today I was advised that thegs which were placed on Pex Wall (the wall to the left of the Web) are to be replaced.

My own opinions are not that important as I only manage to go there a dozen or so times a year however I do think that a sensible concensus of opinion be sought in an informal forum such as this.

My ONLY concerns are that if pegs are placed can they be relied upon to hold repeated falls (we are talking sandstone here !) without the rock being fractured and leaving a big hold that maybe cannot take another peg. Also if the pegs are removed after being placed is there going to be more damage caused by their removal ????

Now this may seem radical and I do not profess to be an expert in such matters but if the placing of pegs does cause such damage as mentioned above could some resin bolts be placed (like those on pen trwyn) and while being more visible (and yes damaging) if they are reliable and do not alter the climbing of the routes the n would they not be a better option ????

Comments please .............

Any thoughts on this. Of course it may well be a troll.

Daniel

• player
#1 Re: Pegs at Pex
January 03, 2007, 06:24:00 pm
Being from UKC I would say its more than likely a troll.. One of the joys of posts over there..

That and the apparent competition to see who can post the quickest, most sarcastic and useless post first...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal