UKBouldering.com

Clifftop access (Read 2745 times)

Dr T

• forum hero
Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 02:39:05 pm
gonna be up in the peak at half term (the joys of teaching)
fancied having a little look at clifftop one afternoon but the last bouldering guide mentioned some access issues, are they still on going or is it okay to climb there now????

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 03:35:03 pm
I've not experienced any issues, just follow the path and use the gates.  It's a good little venue and I particularly rate Boing Boy and the 7a+ arete on the left.  A lovely move at the top if you don't lank through it! 

StuM

• regular
    • stuart mcneil photography
#2 Re: Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 03:37:56 pm
I've not been since last spring but we followed the info about access and approach in the new (Ru's) guide book and it was fine. The farmer even stopped to have a chat with us and laugh at our pitiful attempts on that dynamic arete thing (all failed attempts due to dodgy beta of course). I've not heard of anything changing since then...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 03:38:15 pm
 As far as I know no access problems have arrisen so far, but a sensitive/descrete approach is necessary i.e. use the gate rather than climbing over the wall.

Dr T

• forum hero
#4 Re: Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 04:36:19 pm
cheers guys...  :thumbsup:
I particularly rate Boing Boy
that one caught my eye too

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#5 Re: Clifftop access
February 01, 2007, 05:50:15 pm
Make sure that you park well off the side of the narrow road and don't park in the "layby" that is actually used as a wide turning circle for vehicles wanting to get into the old quarry. This venue is one of my favourites - if you climb 7a+, you can have a great time here. The full low traverse is one of the best of its type, Boing Boy is good fun, if you know which hand to go with and the pinchy arete to the left is easy once you get your feet in the right place. Be careful crossing the wall below the crag.

Jacqusie

• stalker
#6 Re: Clifftop access
February 05, 2007, 10:02:50 pm
Nothing I know about or any problems with the farmer up there...

All seems ok - go and enjoy - its a fine spot - check out the wee hermaitage there..

Cheers

Si

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal