UKBouldering.com

corrupt wankers (Read 3030 times)

Duma

• forum hero
corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 11:56:44 am
SFO have ended the saudi investigation.
cunts
this stink to high fucking heaven of shit to anyone else?
I am disgusted but not suprised.

squeek

• junky
#1 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 12:10:47 pm
One of the few things we still export and make money on now the government thinks that debt is the best way to finance the country, oh and 'services', so it's not surprised somethings happened to help the 6 billion along.

Lots of things to do with the government disgust me:
"In May 2006, Cherie Blair was involved in the signing of copies of the Hutton Report to raise funds for the Labour Party."

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 12:17:58 pm
 Total fucking disgrace!! Rules are rules and can't be broken for something like the Longtsone Edge quarry situation, but if you're a corrupt torturer....
 I hate this government

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 12:19:35 pm
This government were to be "white than white".  I presume that the PM explained that to the police yesterday.

Still, it's only a bit of fraud and corruption.  At least they haven't gone and started any wars or anything.

Duma

• forum hero
#4 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 02:39:01 pm
quote from GU: "Speaking in Brussels today, Mr Blair said that he took "full responsibility" for advising Lord Goldsmith that it was not in Britain's national interests for the inquiry to continue.....
....The decision prompted accusations of naked political interference in a criminal case in a bid to protect BAE Systems' commercial interests."

NO FUCKING SHIT.

"a time when the SFO appeared to have made a significant breakthrough, with investigators on the brink of accessing key Swiss bank accounts."

convenient.

"share value soared by nearly £900m"

Suprise suprise.

BenF

• forum hero
#5 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 03:17:14 pm
"share value soared by nearly £900m"

Everyone's a winner then. 

Well some people anyway. 

The important share owning, money laden people are okay anyway.

Everything is good in the world, we can all sleep happily in our beds tonight.

:wank: :wank: :wank: 

Note:  I don't mean that I'm going to lie in bed  :wank:  by the way.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#6 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 03:31:52 pm
What ever happened to the rule of law in this country? Or indeed honesty and integrity in Government. 

I would have fewer concerns if the decision was made, at the end of the investigation, not to prosecute because it failed the second limb of the test for crown prosecutors i.e. that it was not in the public interest to procede but to STOP the investigation is in any interpretation a breach of constitutional law (in basic terms the separation of the judicial from the executive branch).

Further it seems as if the question of national interest has been confused with the public interest, and given the basis of this test, I cannot see how, given the case in question, how this test would be answered in the negative.

Are we going to see Tony Blair stopping the investigation into loans for peerages on hte basis that this isn't in the national interest either?   And what about if Jack Straws brother goes on another bout of kiddy fiddling, would any investigation into this be stopped.

The motto of the Bar is fiat justicia ruat coelem (from memory and I haven't got a pears to hand to check my latin) which roughly translates as 'let justice be done though the heavens fall'.

My views on this government are well known but this really, really stinks.  Remember Matrix Churchill and the Scott report anyone?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#7 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 04:40:35 pm
"Remember Matrix Churchill and the Scott report anyone?"

I do.. my first ever job post-uni was at Sheffield Forgemasters and we had lumps of 'Supergun' sitting outside our portacabin inside the factory.. we were forbidden to talk to the press and threatened with Official Secrets Act prosecution if we even mentioned anything to anyone.

The worst thing about this whole Saudi business is using the "war against terror" to justify stopping the investigation.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: corrupt wankers
December 15, 2006, 08:24:25 pm
It's simple guys. Power corrupts. Labour are the new Tory sleaze-merchants. Time for a change of government. It's a simple case of swallowing principles and pride (as Marcellus Wallace says -"FUCK PRIDE") and tactically voting for the opposition in the next election. A spell out of power will do them the world of good. Don't vote labour and then complain that they're a bunch of twats.

rehab21

• regular
  • Monkey see: monkey do
#9 Re: corrupt wankers
December 20, 2006, 02:52:47 pm
 :guilty: What happen's if everybody spoils their ballots? I can't morally support any of the arses anymore. The Lib Dems were a paltry if slightly palatable alternative until Lembit Opek (sure he's only employed for the quality of his moniker) went off with the lamentably untalented cheeky girl, girl...

On which subject, Lembit might find himself torn assunder from his nubile new love as it emerges she is living here illegally / semi-legally... allegedly (better safe than sorry).

Simon S

• menacing presence
#10 Re: corrupt wankers
December 20, 2006, 04:22:12 pm
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The current administration are a prime example of this, and its getting worse and worse the longer they are in office.

widdop

• addict
#11 Re: corrupt wankers
December 20, 2006, 07:41:59 pm
steady lads ,we should emulate our leaders ,not decry them. :shrug:

Sloper

• forum hero
#12 Re: corrupt wankers
December 20, 2006, 10:11:28 pm
I know/have known a reasonable number of MPs including the odd (ex)member of the cabinet and the only one I'd ever willingly spend time with is Ken Clarke.  Yes power tends to corrupt but as one who's dealt with the odd corruption job there are those that are easier to corrupt than others.

For example I think that Tony Benn is basically incorruptible wheras people like Geoff Hoon  :wank: just wouldn't understand that they were being approached in a corrupt way.  Ps if you want to know why buffoon shaved off his 'tache it's because I nearly stubbed a cigar out on it.

Gee24

#13 Re: corrupt wankers
December 26, 2006, 11:58:51 pm
hasn't the whole history of 'democratic power' always been a inescapabley corrupt? the history of governance has always been an imposition of a dominant few of a majority, which has come from many processes, from the ownership of land, to the laws of punishment (see 'the london hanged').

oscar wilde once said, it doesn't matter who you voted for the government always gets in.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#14 Re: corrupt wankers
December 27, 2006, 12:57:44 pm
Oscar Wilde :genius:

I don't have allegiance to any party. Their all tossers. Somebody once said (to paraphrase) the last people you want governing the country are those that would seek to govern the country. All politicians are either all the bitter geeks who were bullied at school (or in Prescott's case - the school bully) or the naïve, over-earnest simpletons who think they can change/improve the system (democratic principles), end up using the system to change
the system, before finally becoming corrupted by the system.

However it does appear that the longer a party has the reigns of power, the more they use that power to consolidate their own position, and to feather their own nests. It's human nature basically.

nathan wind

• obsessive maniac
    • some pics..
#15 Re: corrupt wankers
December 27, 2006, 05:45:09 pm
Dont get me started on this government, they've let us all down pretty f*****g badly.. just read today that apprently Blair is spending xmas with one of the Bee Gees out in miami... says it all doesn't it?

Sloper

• forum hero
#16 Re: corrupt wankers
December 27, 2006, 07:27:45 pm
Funny that none of the labour supporters that post on here have stood up to defend the government :-\

widdop

• addict
#17 Re: corrupt wankers
December 27, 2006, 10:17:45 pm
by and large no on has so far mentiond anything so bad about the labour party ,to raise comment from there supporters, now if you really try ed they might wake up

a dense loner

• forum hero
#18 Re: corrupt wankers
December 28, 2006, 10:24:16 pm
just read today that apprently Blair is spending xmas with one of the Bee Gees out in miami... says it all doesn't it?

is that statement for real?

what it does show more to the point is that you don't know which one's left...

you people know how governments work, of course power corrupts...

nathan wind

• obsessive maniac
    • some pics..
#19 Re: corrupt wankers
December 28, 2006, 11:14:30 pm
is that statement for real?

maybe I missed your point here? but yes it is for real, as Joe Strummer once wrote; "he who fucks nuns will later join the church",

what it does show more to the point is that you don't know which one's left...

If you meant I dont know which of the bee gees are still alive? I dont, and more to the point, I don't care
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 11:38:44 pm by nathan wind »

a dense loner

• forum hero
#20 Re: corrupt wankers
December 29, 2006, 09:26:29 am
exactly, barry is the one that's left. my dad modelled himself on him, sad days. what i meant when i said is that statement for real was "is that statement for real". tony blair has gone on holiday with barry gibb... and your point is what? tony will come back singing in falsetto to the speaker? or are you trying to say he doesn't care about anything cos he's having a couple of wks off one of the most stressful "jobs" going? 

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#21 Re: corrupt wankers
December 30, 2006, 10:51:14 am
I think you'll find Robin also remains on this mortal coil.  He's the Bee Gee at the centre of this nonsense with Tony B at the moment.  Who gives a flying one if he's being put up by a celebrity on his holidays.  I can't really see anything wrong with it.  As much as the government are a shower of shite and the decision to go to war was despicable, people get into this mindset of nit-picking and trying to put negative spin on the most trivial of non-stories. Which I find a bit petty. 

It's only Maurice that's carked it thus far. Unless I've missed something. 

NB This rant applies only to the Bee Gees and not the original post, which is an outrage.

Sloper

• forum hero
#22 Re: corrupt wankers
December 30, 2006, 04:05:03 pm
The problem with Tony Balir's 'holidays' is the lack of transparency, he stays at a villa on the costa esmerelda and makes a donation to charity, he stays at a villa in barbados and does the same (repeat changing location).

OK he could be paying the full market rate, but the lack of transparency allows the allegation to be made that it's a freebie. 

Oh and when Berlesconi gave him a watch he made a donation to charity for £150 (hands up who believes good old Silvio gives out cheap watches to other heads of state).

IN short it boils down to a question of trust and how many people are now prepared to give Tony Blair the benefit of the doubt? :-\

a dense loner

• forum hero
#23 Re: corrupt wankers
December 30, 2006, 08:51:42 pm
i couldn't care less about that sloper, the real question is "are there 2 bee gees left"? if so why did i think there was only one?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal