Scouse D

• forum hero
#25 Re: Leaping Problems
June 29, 2006, 01:00:00 pm

ferret

• forum abuser
#26 Re: Leaping Problems
July 04, 2006, 05:06:58 pm
horror arete at the brideys, easy jump but adds to the ethos of an already fanatastic problem. also heard rumours of the dawes jumping from jerrys arete rhs onto the slab of the boulder to the left, and some nonsense about repeating it rollerblades being the future of climbing

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#27 Re: Leaping Problems
July 04, 2006, 09:17:06 pm
There are some excellent jumping problems in the Pass.

Anybody done the Utopia block ones?, i.e. run at the wall, last step on the small boulder then foot plant the square block hold and fly leftwards (easiest), up right to shelf at top of the Flake, or hardest straight up to the slightly higher shelf. CJD has got film of some lad from the Lakes doing the second one (he only managed it once, and couldn't repeat it once the camera was put away) and I've seen Miles Perkin do the last one.

Then there is the King of Drunks jump. From the adjacent boulder, leap and catch the golf ball hold at the top with your right hand, legs go flying right up. Takes some balls to do this, although the landing is good.

Also The Blunt jump at the Cromlech boulders. Top tip from Pete Robins: launch from the higher part of boulder (i.e. a bit further back) and hit the top to the right of where the normal problem finishes. A greater distance, but you are more likely to hang it.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#28 Re: Leaping Problems
July 05, 2006, 07:50:01 am
There's a quality multiple leap at Bridestones. There's a highball scoop just next to the egg that i got really gripped doing, and was so stoked afterwards I did the three leaps in a row to get off it. Need to keep momentum between the leaps to manage all 3.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#29 Re: Leaping Problems
July 05, 2006, 11:52:07 am
and was so stoked afterwards I did the three leaps in a row

Funny how that happens. I was once so miffed at fluffing a problem in the Norwich wall (probably a dyno) that I bounced on two feet in frustration, then did a forward flip. Admittedly there was a crashmat, but I've never been able to replicate the feat since... Always bail out half way through.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#30 Re: Leaping Problems
August 16, 2006, 12:21:02 pm
Quote from: Dave
I always enjoy the jump between the brick boulder and the one next to it at burbage

Took this photo of my mate Ben doing this yesterday

r-man

• forum hero
#31 Re: Leaping Problems
August 16, 2006, 02:06:15 pm
A few weeks ago we ventured on to the grit, it turned out to be a bit hot, but we had a brilliant day discovering leaping problems at Burbage South. In particular, this one is one of the best problems I've done all year:

(best to click save target...)

It's on the pointy boulder just down from the Tank (it has a big easy slab on it). No hands, leap from the low ledge across to the other side - a wierd kick-through seemed to do the trick for swinging through into balance...

On the other side of the bolder, this leap was quite fun too:

Probably all much easier in climbing shoes, but hey. I thoroughly recommend the first one especially. It's brilliant.

r-man

• forum hero

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#33 Re: Leaping Problems
November 28, 2006, 12:50:20 pm
Seen a pic of Richie doing cooks at Froggatt, and sure I've seen an old DMM Stone Monkey ad with Spooner wearing bad tights jumping over Owl Gully at Cratcliffe. Talking of which, jumping to the ledge at the top of Fern Hill from the top of Nettle Wine would be impressive (mad).

r-man

• forum hero
#34 Re: Leaping Problems
December 18, 2006, 11:53:24 am
Another goodun - on the 7a slab at Robin Hood's Stride, from standing on the rock at the bottom, bound up the smears and catch the top.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#35 Re: Leaping Problems
December 19, 2006, 10:40:44 am
I heard of an abortive solo attempt on Ruby Tuesday which resulted in jumping from the final pitch arete onto the ledge at the top of Jeff Coats, scary!

There are some good ones on the furthest points of the skyline between the pinnacles.

Also jump across Great Chimney at Hen Cloud.

The upper tier boulders can be jumped between from the one with the arete on, finishing on the one above whillans crack, no hands, naturally...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal