January 18, 2010, 03:51:21 pm
As Above...
I rate Putts....

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#926 Re: One for the surfers
January 18, 2010, 04:01:35 pm
Agree. Plus you can charge to Baggy and bag a route at low tide, then catch the push once the ledges start getting wet.

Idol eyes

• junky
#927 Re: One for the surfers
January 18, 2010, 04:08:28 pm
My best surf ever, was tripping out at Croyde on the low @3ft... leashless on a 9.4 single fin, The first time I almost landed a helicopter with out spinning (I.E. cross stepping)....
Bailed the landing coz of a few punters on the inside.

granticus

• forum abuser
#928 Re: One for the surfers
January 18, 2010, 11:26:15 pm
My best surf ever, was tripping out at Croyde on the low @3ft... leashless on a 9.4 single fin, The first time I almost landed a helicopter with out spinning (I.E. cross stepping)....
Bailed the landing coz of a few punters on the inside.

Aye! had some of my best waves at Croyde, heaving barrels a plenty on a good day at low-tide but like I say not ideal when you're cutting your teeth.  It jacks up on shallow banks from deep water and BOOOOM, not much time to think about getting to your feet and definitely not a wave the old knees first then to feet take off!

However...my worst ever  :spank: also happened at Croyde @ 5ft+, it was a classic duck dive, reverse back flip, over the falls, sand plant, spin cycle to hold down... Came up gasping for air with severely ruined pride.

chris05

• forum abuser
#929 Re: One for the surfers
January 20, 2010, 11:07:09 am
 :off: hey guys, a bit random but thought I'd ask anyway. Heading surfing in Morocco (around Taghazoute) mid march and trying to decide what wetsuit to take, I run quite warm and only used to wear a 4/3 in scottish winter so I'm thinking a springy might be best although every where seems to recommend a 3/2. Anyone been there or have any recommendations?

Cheers

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#930 Re: One for the surfers
January 20, 2010, 11:13:02 am
Have a look at a couple of pages back in the thread as Oldfella was dispensing some sage advice on Morocco to Idol Eyes..

chris05

• forum abuser
#931 Re: One for the surfers
January 20, 2010, 11:25:36 am
cheers for that

granticus

• forum abuser
#932 Re: One for the surfers
January 20, 2010, 11:09:58 pm
 :bounce:  Just booked a hol with mrs granticus to Lanzarote in late March...  Anyone been?  Am I gonna get speared to death by urchins?  I am comfortable riding reefs so should be good, although El Quemao is not high on my list (looks good for lid riders though!)...  Any wisdom welcomed?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#933 Re: One for the surfers
January 31, 2010, 12:00:42 pm
PM Oldfella... he's been a few times.

Idol eyes

• junky
#934 Re: One for the surfers
February 08, 2010, 02:56:54 pm
Smokin....
South coast!
Fistral....
Cribber broke super clean at 10 ft! and looked longboardable???
All breaks have been on for near enough a week and will continue over the next few daze!!! GET IN!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#935 Re: One for the surfers
February 08, 2010, 03:46:17 pm
looked longboardable???

Was Skindog on it agian?

ben

• obsessive maniac
#936 Re: One for the surfers
February 08, 2010, 08:20:31 pm
Good video of a pretty full-on 'leven on Saturday

SA Chris

• forum hero
#937 Re: One for the surfers
February 08, 2010, 10:49:00 pm
3:06 and 3:50 are waves of the day. Looks awesome, I wouldn't be in there.

clm

• forum hero
#938 Re: One for the surfers
February 09, 2010, 05:36:29 pm
Some big beatings too :spank: :wave:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#939 Re: One for the surfers
February 09, 2010, 05:52:19 pm
Good vid.... looks like a great day.  Plenty of people on the shoulder but not many takers on the peak  :)

andy higginson

• regular
#940 Re: One for the surfers
February 09, 2010, 06:02:59 pm
5:25 I think Chris...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#941 Re: One for the surfers
February 09, 2010, 06:04:14 pm
 :agree: :)

gme

• forum hero
#942 Re: One for the surfers
February 09, 2010, 06:20:47 pm
They do make a lot of noise re leven down in the SW. Whilst it looks fun its hardly classic theres only a few barrels in the whole vid.

The east coast has had at least ten days as good as this since just before christmas, maybe not all as big but proper hollow board snapping conditions with lots and lots of barrels getting ridden.

Still looks good though but too busy for me.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#943 Re: One for the surfers
February 17, 2010, 12:28:48 pm
Hey GME,
what all this touting for the NE. obviously your an out of towner telling all dem pasties to venture north.
i'm a hardcore local an don't want any of these southern poofs showing up with with their camera carrying hoes.
taking pictures, waves and our local lassess with their manscaped eyebrows and straightened hair.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#944 Re: One for the surfers
February 17, 2010, 12:38:08 pm
:bounce:  Just booked a hol with mrs granticus to Lanzarote in late March...  Anyone been?  Am I gonna get speared to death by urchins?  I am comfortable riding reefs so should be good, although El Quemao is not high on my list (looks good for lid riders though!)...  Any wisdom welcomed?

Granticius,
in all seriousness , don't drop in on the locals. you will find yourself in a very bad place. especially at breaks like the slab, el quemao and a few of the not so well known good waves.
it is referred to as the north shore of Atlantic. and it is for bothe the waves and the locals attitude.

having said that, la sants point is a cracking right hand point, and is one of the more tolerant waves for visitors.
if you want to surf the slab or el quemao, beleieve me you will want to.
dont park at the break  walk to the break after you park your car on the point.
and ask if it is ok to have a couple of the inside waves.

don't be surprised if you get yelled at and pointed up to la santa to surf.

good luck and have fun

granticus

• forum abuser
#945 Re: One for the surfers
February 17, 2010, 11:42:05 pm
Nice one Oldfella.. Cheers for the gen.  :great:

I'm not in the habbit of dropping in, especially not on locals at their home break... I learnt that 6 years ago ... the hard way at spots that I am now part of the local crew at.  Will try to be respectful...  La Santa looks great so pleased to hear it's a little more tolerant!  Looking forward to shedding some rubber!

Had a good low tide sesh at Croyde this arvo, nothing massive but did manage to sneak out of a nice little bazza which was nice.  A few comedy half term stuntmen were present to experience the shallow nature of low tide  :spank:

In the meantime I am straightening my locks, plucking my eyebrows, gathering the camera biatches and heading your way, GME makes it sound brilliant! With the right kind of media exposure you too could have a zoo like Leven :thumbsup: 

here's some inspiration..  and strangeness

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#946 Re: One for the surfers
February 18, 2010, 02:21:43 am
Granticus,
i forgot to answer the urchin question.
i personaly didn't feel that they were that big a issue, however you may want to take a pair boots .
but beware that the little bastards can still pierce through.
nevertheless,  as you will have your tweezers with you  ;) , it will give a nice 30 mins activity at the end of the day picking the bits of barb out while you sip beer.

in regards to the drop ins, i know that "no-one ever blatantly" drops in, however even the the most accidental of interference may be enough to rile the nerves of nasty young men.

gme

• forum hero
#947 Re: One for the surfers
February 18, 2010, 09:09:43 am
Oldfella

You must have the wrong preson, i am one of the milton Keynes massive. Our local spots are on the EAST coast out past the wash.
I love pasties and am hopeing to move to newquay next year once i have finished converting my split screen VW.

I went upto the NE coast once but it was too cold the locals were miserable bastards and took offence at me and my 8 mates catching party waves.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#948 Re: One for the surfers
February 18, 2010, 10:39:03 am
Granticus,
i forgot to answer the urchin question.
i personaly didn't feel that they were that big a issue, however you may want to take a pair boots .
but beware that the little bastards can still pierce through.
nevertheless,  as you will have your tweezers with you  ;) , it will give a nice 30 mins activity at the end of the day picking the bits of barb out while you sip beer.

Can't help with Lanzer, but we went to Feurte for a month, and the urchins are pretty bad. I hate surfing in boots, so i would walk out with the boots on, sit on my board, and throw the boots back. Always one of our party would be on the beach. So when coming back in, we would get them to throw them back. Not ideal, but worked well for us. We still got a few spkies, and as Granticus said, we spent many hours picking them out at night whilst downing our evening beverage!

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#949 Re: One for the surfers
February 18, 2010, 11:30:39 am
Fuerta has steroid urchins and the reefs are sharper too.
many locals wore 1 boot and hopped!!!! on the reef.

the better optoin is to wear a bum bag or FANNY pack if you are a seppo. stick your boots in there when you got out the back.

GME,
i think i know who you are
was one of your mates wearing bling, a gold tooth and riding one of those bloody Alleai hawaiian things lording it up in his Porshe??

if i see him up here again i'll get all Fuhrer-esque on him
And how dare he drive a car from the fatherland????
wouldn't surprise me if he waxed his genitals and supported Man City!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal