places to visit > something for the weekend - hookups and lifts

This Weekend - The whole country to choose from

(1/9) > >>

unclesomebody:
So, given I can go anywhere, what are the recommendations (please bare in mind the weather and the conditions)???  The best of the... well, everything really. Best problems in the range 7B-8A. Currently considering Yorkshire because there looks to be a lot of good stuff and I've only been there twice, the Lakes because it has the bowderstone, or North Wales because there is lots of good stuff I've never seen/tried.

Roll up, roll up, let's hear your recommendations then, please.

P.S. Doyle; don't you dare come on here and recommend anything on pill box, because it's S-H-I-T.  :-*

Paul B:
Head to the bowderstone..its got to suit you surely? If the weather is good slipstones is good, lots of problems etc but its grit so ...

unclesomebody:
yeah. it may suit me, but i only want to go if it's definitely dry. Greg? Are you around for an update?

I quite fancy the grit. I actually enjoy climbing on it a lot. Infact, I dare say I think it's a great rock to climb on. Any other grit recommendations Paul? (not in the peak)

BenF:
Head to North Wales because it dries real quick, particularly with a bit of breeze.  There's loads of crimpy stuff, plenty of slopers that will be mint now it's cooling off and there won't be many people around (unlike grit).

Warm up at Cromlech or RAC or Caseg Fraith (a bit boggy mind) then choose your lines from either the Pass or Ogwen (presuming that you have Panton's guide).  The Pass has a multitude of great problems, but if you don't know it well, go visit Wavelength, Barrel and the Meadow.  If in Ogwen, go and tick Clogwyn y Tawr or Sheep pen.

Or drive further and visit Porth Ysgo.

Don't waste dry winter weather on the Orme.  Get in the mountains.

Bonjoy:
 I imagine after this week the Bstone will be very seaping.
 Likewise the choice of likely dry crags in Yorkshire will be minimal. Almscliff, Ilkley, Crookrise, Bridestones.
 The peak usually is a better bet after rain. Are you after a good circuit day out or one super classic objective??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version