Palomides

• forum abuser
Funky Xmas Beats
December 14, 2006, 11:39:05 am

chappers

• forum hero
#1 Re: Funky Xmas Beats
December 14, 2006, 02:40:07 pm
was listening to radio 4 the other day, they had a review on of some alternative christmas albums, best of all was the twisted sister one! no kidding, twisted sister covering old time christmas greats.

anybody else catch this??

chappers

• forum hero
#2 Re: Funky Xmas Beats
December 14, 2006, 02:43:15 pm
Christmas Albums
Critic Laura Lee Davies has been listening to a selection of unusual Christmas albums including seasonal offerings from Billy Idol and Twisted Sister. She and Kirsty Lang will discuss whether it's ever possible to make a cool yule record.

Twisted Sister: A Twisted Christmas  (Demolition Records)
Aimee Mann: One More Drifter In The Snow (V2)
Bootsy Collins: Christmas Is 4 Ever (Evangeline Records)
Billy Idol: Happy Holidays (Bodog Music)
Rhythm and Blues Christmas (Ace Records)

Dr T

• forum hero
#3 Re: Funky Xmas Beats
December 14, 2006, 04:21:50 pm
a bit more poppy than my usual fare but I like fountains of Wayne - alien for xmas

of course the one truely brilliant xmas song is by the pogues.....

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#4 Re: Funky Xmas Beats
December 14, 2006, 04:25:24 pm

This year, I shall mostly be listening to Shonen Knife

Wow, the 'KNIFE' ROCK! I think I still have some bad ass limited edition 'knive' vinyl from back in the day knocking about somewhere. You know the type, clear/etched/10"/coloured/gatefold/signed etc etc. I was a sucker for all that muck. Not the same these days with MP3, hard to get a 'signed' edition of an MP3 download!  ::) I've got all sorts, one of my faves was a 12" single with concentric grooves, depending on where you dropped the needle it would randomly play one of two tracks. Kinda like a shit iPod shuffle that only had two tracks.  ;D

Anyway I digress, Xmas tunes, always had a bit of a soft spot for the 'Waitresses' Christmas W/Rapping, although it's been a bit overplayed the last few years.

Ahh, shall dream about the 'Knive' tonight.... ;) although looking at their site, they've not aged well have they!  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal