UKBouldering.com

My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno (Read 177011 times)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#525 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 10:32:56 pm

If he's 6'3" and the starting handhold is by his shin, it's a lot shorter than the Roaches Dyno  (which is 223cm).  Could be 2m though.

However, I am off to Font soon and I will take the Official Dyno Measurerer with me.

froggy dick is small, you dont have to jump really if your 6 foot and above, more or a quick step up

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#526 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 10:40:13 pm
about 220 for froggy dick, just measured it

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#527 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 10:41:42 pm
It's noted which ones weren't measured by me, but it looks good so lets leave it on there.  Plus I doubt I'll be going there any time soon.  Although when I go to Font this year I must remember my tape measure.

shame you here when i go away, if you forget your tape measure you can borrow minw  :)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#528 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 10:46:29 pm
I've packed it already, just in case  :lol:

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#529 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 11:37:41 pm
good man for getting out there quickly with the tape measure

(by the way neil I think I accidentally left my copy of echo wall in one of your gites - but I took your copy of pilgrimage in my computer disk tray. Maybe we can swap back if I return?)

and re:
you dont have to jump really if your 6 foot and above, more or a quick step up

rather too much technique and dynamism for my liking.

How far is slam? - that has to be fairly high no?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#530 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 27, 2010, 11:50:02 pm
good man for getting out there quickly with the tape measure

(by the way neil I think I accidentally left my copy of echo wall in one of your gites - but I took your copy of pilgrimage in my computer disk tray. Maybe we can swap back if I return?)

and re:
you dont have to jump really if your 6 foot and above, more or a quick step up

rather too much technique and dynamism for my liking.

you can keep pilgrimage its rubbish, but you can ave echo wall back  ;D

How far is slam? - that has to be fairly high no?

mark s

• junky
#531 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 30, 2010, 02:40:08 pm
just been reading up on the skyler dyno 'zion'. seems v8 is the grade now,but skyler keeps bringing up the old chestnut that he used differant foot holds.well thats the way it is,if its easier the v8 way did he not use them.
is he in charge of his own hype?
can he do real hard dynos? saw chris grahams catapult at kyloe yesterday.that looks seriously hard.not a million miles but tough as.....

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#532 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 30, 2010, 03:40:37 pm
It would seem so:

There is so much rock in the near 50 miles to where i'm staying that it blows my mind. This place is also made for dynoing which is excellent! After the world record I put my best effort to get the FA of the Wimberry Dyno. This has been said to be one of the worlds hardest dyno projects and has been tried since 1990. The best climbers in the world have tried and failed! I gave it everything I had and landed in the end jug's lip 2 times and got spat out..so sad!
Today I cleaned and found a HUGE project in Stanage that I also landed in the lip of teh jug 2 or 3 times! My whole body is aching and i'm bleeding from 6 fingers as I type haha... I have exented my stay in sheffield/peak distric to finish off these First Ascents until they go down! Rest day tomorrow... So excited!

mark s

• junky
#533 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
July 30, 2010, 04:49:18 pm
haha, how unfortunate(fortunate) for the police to be there to stop him soloing that arch.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#534 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 03, 2010, 01:44:07 pm
Well, Dave Gater has done it again! He recently got the FA of a mamouth dyno in Mlynsky Vrch, Czech Repubilc, whilst on his Euro tour. The 'Czech Chuck' is the biggest dyno he's ever done and larger than his recent addition in Daone, Italy. He hasn't given a measurement (to aviod controversy) but it has to be up there (or further) with the biggest around.
I have to say, I've seen a lot of dynos and I've seen him crush many 8a dynos with ease and this looks like one of his finest. He is easily the most naturally talented dynoer I've ever seen, nearly sending Catapult years ago in a couple of sessions before a series of injuries stopped him. Here's a vid of a failed attempt but he does have one of him sending it. Unfotunately, he's having problems sending that one over. It's also worth noting that he did this on his own over a very bad and slopey landing. Enjoy:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#535 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 03, 2010, 03:22:04 pm
That looks vast!

Don't see how not measuring it avoids controversy.

rootask

• regular
#536 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 03, 2010, 05:20:39 pm
2nd gen! good work dave

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#537 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 03, 2010, 05:27:33 pm
Tom. I quite liked the look of his shirt, but unfortunately it was out of shot before I clocked the brand. Perhaps in future it would be possible to designate  a few seconds at either the end, or better still the beginning of these video shorts to advertise any fancy clothing/equipment?  :)

TomP

• obsessive maniac
#538 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 03, 2010, 10:30:17 pm
Now that's a good idea  :-\ Afriad I can't help you with this one either.
Incredible looking dyno! Pretty good effort to put up to massive and impressive dynos (this one and one in Daone, Italy) in two countries a few weeks apart.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#539 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 04, 2010, 09:10:13 am
It would seem so:

We went out to Dumble Door tonight

Seems like someone is struggling to tell the difference between Harry Potter and Dorset Geography,

scooby doo

• regular
#540 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 11, 2010, 03:07:48 pm
Just out of interest does anyone know what kind of distance Sousis D'air is at St Germain? I have been looking at sum pictures and it looks quite big. Neil maybe you could help if your in the woods with your tape.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#541 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 12, 2010, 10:14:28 pm
Does anyone know if Catapult at Kyloe has seen a second ascent yet?

Cheers

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#542 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 12, 2010, 10:27:26 pm
FA of The Czech Chuck
That is mental, love the foot jump, one of the few genuinely interesting dyno things I've seen.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
#543 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 13, 2010, 11:57:35 am

Cheers

Don't think so. Don't think Chris has even repeated it. One ascent and that's it as far as I'm aware. The only person I've heard of getting really close is Dave and that was just after the FA many years ago. Got footage of him hitting the break again and again and nearly holding it a couple of times. Injury stopped him but hopefully when he gets back strong from his Euro mission he'll give it another go.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#544 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 13, 2010, 12:18:22 pm
Tom. I quite liked the look of his shirt, but unfortunately it was out of shot before I clocked the brand. Perhaps in future it would be possible to designate  a few seconds at either the end, or better still the beginning of these video shorts to advertise any fancy clothing/equipment?  :)

:lol:

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#545 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 13, 2010, 02:45:05 pm

Cheers

Don't think so. Don't think Chris has even repeated it. One ascent and that's it as far as I'm aware. The only person I've heard of getting really close is Dave and that was just after the FA many years ago. Got footage of him hitting the break again and again and nearly holding it a couple of times. Injury stopped him but hopefully when he gets back strong from his Euro mission he'll give it another go.

I didn't think anyone had repeated it, I thought Earl may have done it at some point.

I did the same last weekend. I have footage of myself hitting the break several times. I'm pretty sure I would have done it last week but i had to stop trying because it destroyed my girly skin. Off next weekend to finish the job hopefully.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
#546 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 13, 2010, 06:50:01 pm
Get it done mate!!! Would be a really good tick.....so would monk life. You tried that?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#547 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 13, 2010, 07:19:31 pm
Just out of interest does anyone know what kind of distance Sousis D'air is at St Germain? I have been looking at sum pictures and it looks quite big. Neil maybe you could help if your in the woods with your tape.

I was actually going there today, tape measure in hand, but it started pissing down so I never made it.

However, I've updated the official dyno list on the wiki.  Have a look.

benj_d

• menacing presence
#548 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 15, 2010, 01:36:45 am

Cheers

Interesting...  :-\ on the other channel someone has ticked it on 9/8/10 apparently but they are set as 'hidden'.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#549 Re: My Dyno's bigger than your Dyno
August 15, 2010, 10:59:55 am

its not far, I can span between the two holds, but its a sidways dyno and the crux is holding the hold because its rubbish, dont bother

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal