UKBouldering.com

Esoteric Peak Grit (Read 11534 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#25 Re: Esoteric Peak Grit
October 07, 2009, 03:25:55 pm
While we're on the subject of chew, has anyone done this tasty number of Kevin Thaw's at Running Hill Pit 8? Got shut down...

Looks appetising. I guess that's the 7b? groove mentioned in this guide.
http://chewvalley.bravehost.com/bouldering/runninghillpits/pits8.html

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#26 Re: Esoteric Peak Grit
October 07, 2009, 07:52:29 pm
Apparently (tall) Kevin Thaw gave that thing 6c when he did it.

It's probably not the V7 it gets in the Rockfax. And that's not because of any grading scale preference, but because we couldn't touch it. Although to be fair, Johnny 'Haribo' Brown was experiencing one of his sugar lows by then and had thrown his toys out of the pram somewhat, and I'm practically a shandy swilling southerner nowadays. So who knows?

Dense said he thought it could well be unrepeated. Saying that, I doubt he has frequented this quarry since it robbed him of a few teeth several years ago. Again, who really knows?

I'm sure if the sequence gets unlocked at a reasonable grade this has all the hallmarks of an out of the way classic. Like Pinchy the Lobster.

paul hesketh

• regular
#27 Re: Esoteric Peak Grit
October 08, 2009, 10:51:02 am
I'm not aware of any repeats of Mr Thaw's 7b ish Groove at the Pits.

Thats not to say it ain't been done though, Sam W, Mssrs Parry and Vickers have been active at the Pits in the past.

Ste_d posting with PH's login as the site won't let me set one up

a dense loner

• forum hero
#28 Re: Esoteric Peak Grit
October 08, 2009, 09:20:43 pm
sams not done it

if anyone finds my slivers of teeth can i have them back please? they were last seen in the vicinity of the moon logo

pinchy the lobster? for gods sake, people shouldn't be allowed to report shit like this

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal