Bouldering Mats (Read 9500 times)

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#25 Bouldering Mats
June 10, 2003, 10:09:32 am
Quote from: "AndyR"
Quote from: "Scouse D"
Nice idea Andy.
The lesson is though-don't buy metolius.
They're really good in the states but they just import the covers to Britain where we fill them with cheaper foam than over there. I think it's the same foam as S7/moon.

Yep, don't know if I'd get another, but I did get mine very cheap direct from the importer........

Glen Dale on here has a very funky mat from NZ that comes with door mat foot wiping bits built in (they're attached with velcro) - tres chic!

Yeah its nice, 2 layers of super hard foam sandwiching a soft layer. Very hard. Best I have ever seen.

Also got a Lost arrow (for free fortunantly) which has standard foam mat foam as the hard stuff which is shite. Cover is very flimsy and starting to wear.

TOP TIP: Went camping and wanted to bring pad also. So instead of carrying rucksack on back and pad in hand I .... wait for it ..... removed the foam from one side of the pad and put my camping stuff in their....works perfect.......

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#26 Bouldering Mats
June 11, 2003, 10:03:52 am
Still very impressed with my Cordless mat, getting on for five years old and only just beginning to go soft and I fall off.........a lot. Particularly like the fact that the top looks and feels like a bus seat.

dave

#27 Bouldering Mats
June 11, 2003, 10:08:01 am
Quote from: "gollum"
Particularly like the fact that the top looks and feels like a bus seat.

What, a 70s orange/brown pattern, covered in fag burns, old chuddy and graffiti, patched up with non-matching fabric?

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#28 Bouldering Mats
June 11, 2003, 10:10:03 am
More of a grey velour, but all the other details seem about right.

RichardB

• regular
#29 Bouldering Mats
June 13, 2003, 09:01:06 pm
Red Chilli mats are fine. I've fallen on to my old one many times without any problem. My brand spanking new one is VERY brightly coloured so I should be able to spot it easier on the way down. And they fit nicely into the boot of my car.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal