UKBouldering.com

Maximuscle Promax (Read 4961 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Maximuscle Promax
November 15, 2006, 10:45:05 pm
Got a 908g tub of Bannana Maximuscle Promax here, the flavour isn't for me, have only used two servings leaving around 28 left. RRP £25.99 anyone want to take it off my hands for a sensible amount?
Found the promax to be much better than SIS rego due to the fact you have to drink less of it (only 200ml, compared to 500ml of the SIS).

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 16, 2006, 09:32:31 am
Is the flavour really so bad???

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 16, 2006, 11:08:24 am
hmmm the bannana just isn't for me, was hoping it would taste like the Haribo bannana things (it certainly smells like them), but unfortunately not. Choco metal all the way from now...

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 17, 2006, 12:48:53 pm
Have you tried the Strawberry Promax? Don't. It also mings. Got some of the Banana rego stuff on Rich's reccommendation - quite like it.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 17, 2006, 01:46:40 pm
Banana is the way forward- it certainly did no harm to Kevin;

Legend. Absolute legend.

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#5 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 17, 2006, 01:52:00 pm
Those boots look like the opposite of stealth rubber in the frictional properties department.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 17, 2006, 01:56:39 pm
Yes, but who needs decent boots when you've got arms like those.

When Kevin eats a banana, a strange thing happens….Kevin is Bananaman!

north_country_boy

• junky
#7 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 03:51:59 pm
Yes, but who needs decent boots when you've got arms like those.

When Kevin eats a banana, a strange thing happens….Kevin is Bananaman!

Eric is it not? Or have I been misled and it was Keith Sharples all along?

Paul B

• forum hero
#8 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 03:59:57 pm
no metallic chocolate flavour is the way!
SIS rego is good and what I used last year, but you have to drink shed loads of the stuff compared to promax, 200ml of liquid sits a lot nicer on my stomach than 500ml or more of rego after a session. with regards to rego: Choco good, vanilla ridiculously sweet.
Got shown www.myprotein.co.uk, you can make custom formula's (inlucding glucosamine and chondroitin)!

squeek

• junky
#9 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 04:58:54 pm
Bananaman was called Eric.  Eric Wimp in the comic version and Eric Twinge in the cartoon version.

Do you guys drink these protein shakes to help recovery/stop injuries?  I kind of associated these with people who wanted to put on a bit of weight after training, but Ru and Paul B (no offense intended at all) don't look 'built' in the photos.  Just wondering if I'm missing out and should be looking to add them to my training.

Paul B

• forum hero
#10 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 05:43:16 pm
I started using protein shakes purely for recovery, I started doing gym work last year to sort out bad pains in my chest probably caused by not having any kind of chest development to speak of, it took me about 5 days to be capable of training or doing another session and that didn't seem right. Started taking the shakes and recovery rapidly increased, maybe it was a placebo effect who knows but it seemed to work for me. Recently I havent been using it as I've been a bit lazy since the last tub ran out, however when i start campussing again and yet again addressing some balance issues i'm certain i'll be back on it.
Naturally i'm a skinny git (weighing roughly the same as a small girl and when I had my bodyfat calc'd they told me it was unhealthily low) so I have no real concerncs about bulking up. Just out of intrest I tried creatine as well (powder) all that seemed to happen was I was pissing loads, I couldnt get from ranmoor to the woodie without needing a piss stop.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#11 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 06:10:39 pm
I gave SIS rego a try when I wanted to see whether insufficient eating was to blame for my lack of strength increase despite bouldering a lot.  Rather than a pure-protein muscle-builder it's a recovery shake with a mixed carb / protein composition (2:1 ish ratio) - mainly aimed at cyclists and triatheletes .  Used to sup it towards the tail of indoor sessions and immediately afterwards.  I did notice a difference: I felt stronger for longer and suffered less savage muscle aches and pains the morning after, despite often having longer sessions (which partially negated my original aim of being less stupidly self-destructive!).  Mind you eating normally and taking some snacks to the wall probably have the same results (although I rarely feel like eating solids during an indoor blitz). 

From what I can gather, lots of easily digested carbs during, and immediately after bouldering is the key thing - not enough carbs results in a whole nasty muscle breakdown phenomenon that more than negates any training effect (and massively delays replenishment of glycogen reserves to boot).  You do need some protein (within around 2 hours I think) but climbers rarely require the silly amounts body-builders use and generally a decent meal will suffice.

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
#12 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 06:55:20 pm
Of course it's Eric. How on earth did i get that wrong. It is my one spatiality in pub quizzes.

Take a look at the video half the way down this page, it bought a tear to my eye. Oh, the good old days.

http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/bananaman.php

Can anyone see a resemblance to Eric and Chris Doyle pre banana?

squeek

• junky
#13 Re: Maximuscle Promax
November 20, 2006, 09:36:57 pm
Kevin's his brother, Appleman.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal