UKBouldering.com

West Side Story ground erosion (Read 1598 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
West Side Story ground erosion
November 08, 2006, 09:08:14 am
Was at Burbage west yesterday and was quite staggered how eroded the ground under west side has become, Ron side  etc now has a pronounced rock under it, west isde has a kind of plinth in front and an hollow behind that where people land with another seemingly emerging from the mud to the side. Was wondering wether a bit of remedial work might be needed here such as that done at stanage? has seemed to work up there
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:14:16 am by fatboySlimfast, Reason: shite use of englsih »

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1 Re: West Side Story ground erosion
November 08, 2006, 02:46:45 pm
not been there for yrs, since my repeated failures were a significant cause for giving up climbing some 4 yrs ago... 25 times a day from the top spring for 3 days would render anyone more than slightly jaded!!

anything to aid the initial moves / reach would be great in my book!!!

i intend to vanquish my nemesis in the early spring - beware alternate rants and tears of despair on burbage west sometime near easter!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: West Side Story ground erosion
November 08, 2006, 09:09:13 pm

Have you got some old/new photos fatboy? Be interesting to see how it's changed.

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: West Side Story ground erosion
November 09, 2006, 04:22:09 am
not been there for yrs, since my repeated failures were a significant cause for giving up climbing some 4 yrs ago... 25 times a day from the top spring for 3 days would render anyone more than slightly jaded!!

Christ man, that would render me crippled!  :jaw:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal