the site > suggestions, requests, support

How to add pictures to your posts...

<< < (2/13) > >>

GCW:
Often you can right click and view properties, then copy/paste the address of the image.  All theme and variation really.
Usually worth a preview when linking an image, just to be sure  :)

slackline:

--- Quote from: Jaspersharpe on June 20, 2008, 10:53:26 am ---Slackers, having just spent ten minutes fucking about trying to post a pic like this I found that instead of "right click, open in new tab" for step 4 I had to do "right click, copy shortcut" to get the URL of the pic itself. This might be useful to some people.  :)

--- End quote ---

Have you just upgraded to Firefox 3?

I noticed that the menu had changed in the new version and that the "Open in New Tab" had disappeared in favour of "Copy Shortcut" which personally I find a bit of a ball-ache as you then have to do the sequence

right-click
copy shortcut
Ctrl + t
Ctrl + l
Ctrl + v

which is far more contrived than the old right-click, open in new tab.  Perhaps we're seeing the emergence of 'elimiates' in computing GUI's  :-\

Paul B:
i'm running ver 3 and the open in new tab is still here?

Jaspersharpe:
Using shitty IE as at work.

slackline:

--- Quote from: Paul B on June 20, 2008, 12:15:02 pm ---i'm running ver 3 and the open in new tab is still here?

--- End quote ---

Could be 'cause I'm under Linux (although in theory it should be the same across platforms).  Just trying out firefox for the first time with this new release, I normally use a GNOME (desktop environment for Linux) browser called Galeon (although its still based on the Gecko engine which underpines firefox so works pretty similar).

--- Quote from: Jaspersharpe on June 20, 2008, 12:46:23 pm ---Using shitty IE as at work.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough, good work on adding the knowledge though, all that needs to happen now is n00bs read this thread before asking how to post pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version