the site > suggestions, requests, support

How to add pictures to your posts...

<< < (3/13) > >>

Paul B:
not a chance.

slackline:
UPDATE

Bubba dug out a couple of very useful sites to facilitate embedding pictures from flickr in the correct manner (i.e. back-linking the picture to its original as described earlier in the thread) and thought they are worth adding to this thread too.

The easiest and most generic to use is the Flickr BBcode page where you paste the html code from underneath the required size of the picture (just click on the "All Sizes" button above a picture to get to the different sizes).

If you use Firefox with Greasemonkey then there is the very handy Flickr AllSizes+ script.  Don't have Greasemonkey installed so can't comment on how to use this I'm afraid (although it looks exceptionally handy so I'll be trying it out and will report back if useful).

slackline:

--- Quote from: slack---line on December 17, 2008, 08:46:53 am ---
If you use Firefox with Greasemonkey then there is the very handy Flickr AllSizes+ script.  Don't have Greasemonkey installed so can't comment on how to use this I'm afraid (although it looks exceptionally handy so I'll be trying it out and will report back if useful).

--- End quote ---

Another handy greasemonkey script as an alternative to the above is Flickr Img Src Exposure which also circumvents the 'spaceball.gif' problem ;-)

Averageman:
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just tried to post a pic for the ladies but failed, so followed link and would like to ask what are the alternatives to flickr, ie myspace for example.

slackline:

--- Quote from: Averageman on February 06, 2009, 12:16:12 pm ---Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just tried to post a pic for the ladies but failed, so followed link and would like to ask what are the alternatives to flickr, ie myspace for example.

--- End quote ---

Photobucket
ImageShack

(or follow the link in the wiki article that takes you to the Wikipedia page that details a lot on Image Hosting Services).

If the picture is already on the internet you don't need to host it anywhere, just copy the URL as per the wiki article.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version