UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1922328 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6600 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 14, 2021, 08:21:57 pm
This is fantastic stuff. Proper old skool Daily Mail style outrage. Love it.

I listen to music full of lyrics about torturing people to death, chainsawing faces off, battery acid enemas, forced abortions, flaying people alive, etc etc...

....and it's sure as hell going on my next bouldering video. I'll even put subtitles in in case the growling and shrieking is incomprehensible.

Amazing bluster given how thin skinned you can be...

Apparently you need a fucking phd in piss taking to understand the rules

Jane Austen is starting to make sense

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6601 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 14, 2021, 08:23:56 pm

I listen to music full of lyrics about torturing people to death, chainsawing faces off, battery acid enemas, forced abortions, flaying people alive, etc etc...

....and it's sure as hell going on my next bouldering video. I'll even put subtitles in in case the growling and shrieking is incomprehensible.

I don't get the rules either. I'm convinced it's just dependent on his temperament on the day. I do think it's very funny though, that the same man who waged a two decade long campaign to leave a snide comment on every top roping photo in the UKC gallery, is the same guy who gets fummin' when it's mentioned that he likes Maccy D's.

NSFW  Completely off topic:
If you don't like to indulge in a bit of fast food every now and again it probably means that there's something wrong with your brain. These companies have poured millions and millions of dollars into figuring out the perfect Fibonaccian ratio of salt, sugar, and saturated fat to make your brain explode with endorphins when you bite into it. But if you're going to eat shit then eat the good shit: Burger King.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6602 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 15, 2021, 04:58:10 pm

I don't get the rules either. I'm convinced it's just dependent on his temperament on the day. I do think it's very funny though, that the same man who waged a two decade long campaign to leave a snide comment on every top roping photo in the UKC gallery, is the same guy who gets fummin' when it's mentioned that he likes Maccy D's.

NSFW  Completely off topic:
If you don't like to indulge in a bit of fast food every now and again it probably means that there's something wrong with your brain. These companies have poured millions and millions of dollars into figuring out the perfect Fibonaccian ratio of salt, sugar, and saturated fat to make your brain explode with endorphins when you bite into it. But if you're going to eat shit then eat the good shit: Burger King.

F off ya taste impaired Wazock.

It’s KFC. Obviously.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6603 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 15, 2021, 05:07:24 pm
I've always hated the Colonel!

mark20

• junky
#6604 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 11:25:12 am
Last year we tried to relocate to Cornwall, it didn't quite work out, but I did manage to get some bouldering done
and here's a little vid (split into 3 parts to make editing easier on my ancient laptop).
Featuring cameo appearance from kingholmsey and spotting from Danny - thanks alot for showing me around  :thumbsup:

West Penwith

Bodmin, Cheesewring and SE Cornwall

Carn Brea

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6605 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 04:50:55 pm
Really nice, Mark. I didn’t know any of those problems and I’ve missed your voice pal.

andy popp

• forum hero
#6606 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 06:21:13 pm
Lovely, lovely.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#6608 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 06:49:59 pm
nice videos, made me feel pretty nostalgic for Penwith and West Cornwall.

mark20

• junky
#6609 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 07:43:52 pm
Thanks all, very kind. Hopefully see you soon Guy
Andy W - thanks, your videos were a good source of info and inspiration, just a shame I was there the wrong time of year to sample the more coastal stuff (eg Zennor Fool looks great).

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
#6610 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 07:54:28 pm
Last year we tried to relocate to Cornwall, it didn't quite work out, but I did manage to get some bouldering done
and here's a little vid (split into 3 parts to make editing easier on my ancient laptop).
Featuring cameo appearance from kingholmsey and spotting from Danny - thanks alot for showing me around  :thumbsup:

West Penwith

Carn Brea

Enjoyed these a lot, nice!
Is Hunt For The Wilderpeople at Luxulyan your FA? Looks great.

mark20

• junky
#6611 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 08:01:05 pm
Thanks. Luxulyan valley is really lovely.
Yes it's the direct finish to The Wild Hunt (that moves rightwards along the seam/slopers)
I also did the FA of the highball arete left of Where The Wild Things are. Called In Wilder We Trust 7A+
I'll add these to the UKC logbook when I get a chance later.
Got very close to the project at Forest Moon Buttress, up the hanging arete/prow, but ran out of time. This will be a brilliant burly 7B ish

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6612 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 08:13:09 pm
Yes it's the direct finish to The Wild Hunt (that moves rightwards along the seam/slopers)
I also did the FA of the highball arete left of Where The Wild Things are. Called In Wilder We Trust 7A+
Got very close to the project at Forest Moon Buttress, up the hanging arete/prow, but ran out of time. This will be a brilliant burly 7B ish

Can you add and name the Rivelin route while you're on the ukc logbooks. Steve said it's up to you.

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
#6613 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 08:59:03 pm

Yeah made me miss it, deep in those woods does feel special.
I had looked at that thing at Forest Moon Buttress but didn't try it, thought it looked great though.
I did have a brief play on the wall to the right from a sit which I think will also be good, probably somewhere in the mid 7s.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#6614 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 09:27:55 pm
Last year we tried to relocate to Cornwall, it didn't quite work out, but I did manage to get some bouldering done.
Nice stuff Mark, and here's me thinking you spent all your time down there micro managing your fantasy football team. I didn't realise you'd also been climbing  :2thumbsup:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6615 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 28, 2021, 11:20:32 pm

West Penwith

Carn Brea

Excellent stuff  :2thumbsup:

Just what bouldering is about

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#6616 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 01, 2021, 03:48:17 pm
Thanks all, very kind. Hopefully see you soon Guy
Andy W - thanks, your videos were a good source of info and inspiration, just a shame I was there the wrong time of year to sample the more coastal stuff (eg Zennor Fool looks great).

I realise now why your beta was often the same as mine  :) particularly the Carn Brea problems.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6617 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 14, 2021, 12:44:49 pm
you Peak lime freaks might like this. Frankenjura?? More like bloody Griff's buttress in a drought or something.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6618 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 17, 2021, 02:54:35 pm
more base of crag limestone bollox. Non-quality for the black and white bit which unnecessarily obfuscates the footage, but I really liked the montage of different light / weather at the start. And if you want a bit of compression, well...

countyyoungin

• regular
  • Tim Blake
#6619 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 24, 2021, 10:43:09 pm

Mostly Welsh stuff but a bit of northern rock too

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6620 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 28, 2021, 07:38:01 pm
What to do in between attempts? Talk shite to the camera. I know the Copleys weren't twins...or were they? Time flies.

If you're totally inspired (what's not to love?!), it's worth giving the prow an ab first as the penultimate hold has just been fixed - worth a brush of the holds anyway.

remus

• forum hero
#6621 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 28, 2021, 07:47:32 pm
Enjoyed that Guy, and the other stuff on the channel. Looking forward to more mag lime quality.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#6622 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 28, 2021, 07:49:36 pm
That was ace. Loved the muttered "bastard...! “

Bradders

• forum hero
#6623 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 09:31:56 am
What to do in between attempts? Talk shite to the camera. I know the Copleys weren't twins...or were they? Time flies.

If you're totally inspired (what's not to love?!), it's worth giving the prow an ab first as the penultimate hold has just been fixed - worth a brush of the holds anyway.

Nice one for fixing Light Worker, very good problem. How on earth did it ever get 7C+ though?!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6624 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 11:02:03 am

Another video for no-one to watch  :2thumbsup:  Maybe a worthwhile option in the forthcoming good weather??

Problems for future reference: Linea Negra , Fontanelles , Androsterone , Morning Sickness , Love Handles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal