UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1941790 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6625 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 11:15:56 am
What to do in between attempts? Talk shite to the camera. I know the Copleys weren't twins...or were they? Time flies.

If you're totally inspired (what's not to love?!), it's worth giving the prow an ab first as the penultimate hold has just been fixed - worth a brush of the holds anyway.

What happened to the Copley twins? I imagine they're now living in a trailer at a truck stop. They sleep by day and, as dusk falls, the abusive bar owner wakes them roughly from sleep to go on stage and do buildering performances for whooping Doncastrian rednecks. Until one day Gresh walks into the bar and their stars change forever.

m.cooke.1421

• regular
#6626 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 11:27:32 am
What to do in between attempts? Talk shite to the camera. I know the Copleys weren't twins...or were they? Time flies.

If you're totally inspired (what's not to love?!), it's worth giving the prow an ab first as the penultimate hold has just been fixed - worth a brush of the holds anyway.

Nice one for fixing Light Worker, very good problem. How on earth did it ever get 7C+ though?!

In the Copley brothers video about developing some of the problems in the quarry they were talking about using the very small edge up and right of the high sloper to gain the top rather than the jug to the left. This would make the problem a lot harder but would be very eliminate. It is also worth bearing in mind the difference it makes with the holds being really clean. The slopers on the face were previously as green as the rest of the block; this isn't something you can get off with a quick brush. I can imagine it feeling 7C+ when Mike first did it if he only spent 30 minutes on it.

Enjoyed the video Guy, where next?

36chambers

• forum hero
#6627 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 12:21:35 pm

Nice one for fixing Light Worker, very good problem. How on earth did it ever get 7C+ though?!

In the Copley brothers video about developing some of the problems in the quarry they were talking about using the very small edge up and right of the high sloper to gain the top rather than the jug to the left. This would make the problem a lot harder but would be very eliminate. It is also worth bearing in mind the difference it makes with the holds being really clean. The slopers on the face were previously as green as the rest of the block; this isn't something you can get off with a quick brush. I can imagine it feeling 7C+ when Mike first did it if he only spent 30 minutes on it.

It looks like there are two problems on UKC, Light Worker and Light Walker. The latter being the original climb that Mike did (going off this video) but also an eliminate (going off the UKC descriptions).

m.cooke.1421

• regular
#6628 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 12:27:14 pm
I think that is actually Light Worker (the name in the video is different to the video name). Light Walker is the eliminate that avoids using the arête or the ramp to the left.

sheavi

• menacing presence
#6629 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 12:40:56 pm

Another video for no-one to watch  :2thumbsup:  Maybe a worthwhile option in the forthcoming good weather??

Problems for future reference: Linea Negra , Fontanelles , Androsterone , Morning Sickness , Love Handles

Looks really good.

Bradders

• forum hero
#6630 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 05:32:30 pm
I think that is actually Light Worker (the name in the video is different to the video name). Light Walker is the eliminate that avoids using the arête or the ramp to the left.

Yeah that's how I did Light Worker.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6631 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 06:05:30 pm

It has got to be the delights of Nearcliff Wood incl. interviews with local mad max riders, or maybe Lound Hill, some great heckling opportunities for the roof.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6632 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 06:07:30 pm

Another video for no-one to watch  :2thumbsup:  Maybe a worthwhile option in the forthcoming good weather??

Problems for future reference: Linea Negra , Fontanelles , Androsterone , Morning Sickness , Love Handles

Lovely little flick on Morning Sickness. I think the clag adds charm.

webbo

• forum hero
#6633 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 06:49:28 pm

What happened to the Copley twins? I imagine they're now living in a trailer at a truck stop. They sleep by day and, as dusk falls, the abusive bar owner wakes them roughly from sleep to go on stage and do buildering performances for whooping Doncastrian rednecks. Until one day Gresh walks into the bar and their stars change forever.
They emigrated to New Zealand.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6634 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 07:10:23 pm

Good knowledge, that does come to mind now. From Scunthorpe to Flock Hill, if only I'd known a few years ago.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#6635 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 29, 2021, 07:53:57 pm
Lovely little flick on Morning Sickness. I think the clag adds charm.
Thanks WFT (and sheavi). I had to do MS like that as I couldn't stretch properly onto the sloper, let along the sloper jug - quite an exciting move. It was that weird "dry mist" - there was actually windswept ice fins on a couple of bits of rock and reeds, but the rock itself was bone dry (temp drop IIRC).

Plattsy

• forum hero
#6636 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 30, 2021, 07:34:48 pm

Just a note.
The flake the right hand crimp is on on The Hagg had some play in it today. Not sure if it's always been like that or if it's new. I didn't fancy using it that's for sure.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6637 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 30, 2021, 09:23:03 pm

Just a note.
The flake the right hand crimp is on on The Hagg had some play in it today. Not sure if it's always been like that or if it's new. I didn't fancy using it that's for sure.

Bugger, felt completely solid on the weekend.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6638 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
March 31, 2021, 12:28:10 pm
What happened to the Copley twins?

They came back a couple of years ago. Now into CrossFit for play and rope access for work. Nice lads, I think RedTips seems even longer ago to them now.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6639 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 04, 2021, 11:04:16 pm
me having a go at filming interesting light with my phone

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6640 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 07:31:02 am
me having a go at filming interesting light with my phone

It looks like your bouldering in a postcard on that last shot - what a beautiful day.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6641 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 08:44:44 am
Nice work, is that camera "movemen"t added in during editing or what are you using?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#6642 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 08:55:13 am
Nice work, is that camera "movemen"t added in during editing or what are you using?

Cropped during editing to make static shots seem slightly less dull.
Using the pan/crop tool in Vegas

Duma

• forum hero
#6643 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 09:09:09 am
That's brilliant lagers

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6644 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 09:15:00 am

Cropped during editing to make static shots seem slightly less dull.
Using the pan/crop tool in Vegas

Nice. I've seen one of the panning things you can mount on a tripod, might be fun to play with on timelapses. Once I replace my DSLR :(

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#6645 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 05, 2021, 01:26:15 pm
That's brilliant lagers

At the time I regretted not having a camera with me, but the phone footage turned out alright

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#6646 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 07, 2021, 06:34:25 pm
Was chatting to GazM about SLABS today and realised I'd forgotten to share this wee video about SLABS so here you go, a few hidden gems:

Sunset Slab ! Yorkshire Farmer ! Dreamboat Direct !

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#6647 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 09, 2021, 07:53:15 am
Enjoyed climbing some rarely repeated climbing in Yorkshire over the winter. Here a lil chill video including, howling at the moon, talk to frank (fa), Durham edition and omega.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6648 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 09, 2021, 09:20:11 am
Nice! That sitter to Frank looks superb.

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#6649 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
April 09, 2021, 09:30:08 am
Quality vid.
Good effort  :clap2:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal