UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1939955 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#6550 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 29, 2021, 05:53:55 am
Lovely fluid piece of climbing.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6551 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 29, 2021, 08:30:02 am
Lovely fluid piece of climbing.

Very nice climbing.

I assume the cameraman had an important appointment coming up.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#6552 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 29, 2021, 09:10:42 am
Was going to post that (didn't watch with sound). Deffo one to inspire anyone who needs to "climb quicker" .

Bradders

• forum hero
#6553 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 09, 2021, 06:23:23 pm
This is awesome. Daniel Woods on his own, trying really hard on an amazing looking boulder. No noisy people in the background shouting "tension", or any other nonsense. Just pure hard bouldering. Love it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLFGzRkjeKU/?igshid=1pjrb4gx4yg4f

Bradders

• forum hero
#6554 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 05:37:37 pm
This has really ground my gears this evening. Incredible looking problem, climbed brilliantly.

However, I can't get past the awful music choice in the video; sexist, homophobic, advocating / glamorisng rape and violence towards women...pretty disgusting all told, and a real shame as it spoils an amazing display of climbing skill.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6555 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 08:20:33 pm
Decent tune, rolls quite well and got my head nodding. Too quiet tho.

Amazing footage of Living Large. Pity about the crap footage of the DWS bit.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6556 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 08:22:58 pm
This is awesome. Daniel Woods on his own, trying really hard on an amazing looking boulder. No noisy people in the background shouting "tension", or any other nonsense. Just pure hard bouldering. Love it.

Fuck me those projects sound gruellingly hard!

Loos3-tools

#6557 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 08:44:05 pm

Hang you’ve got it upside down and back to front. Woods is out due to some historical racial slur and mellow is in as it’s really cool but the music is confusing. I don’t know what to think

JamieG

• forum hero
#6558 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 11:56:38 pm
This has really ground my gears this evening. Incredible looking problem, climbed brilliantly.

However, I can't get past the awful music choice in the video; sexist, homophobic, advocating / glamorisng rape and violence towards women...pretty disgusting all told, and a real shame as it spoils an amazing display of climbing skill.

Have to say I agree. Great climbing, but the lyrics in that song are incredibly misogynistic. Can't believe people think that kind of thing is cool/clever. Its frankly just embarrassing.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6559 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 12, 2021, 11:58:33 pm
awful music choice in the video; sexist, homophobic, advocating / glamorisng rape and violence towards women...pretty disgusting all told

That sound of hurrying feet you might have just heard is dunnyg off to fetch his extra loud headphones.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#6560 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 12:34:32 am
Living large has to be one of if not the most impressive boulder I've seen climbed. The combination of height, difficulty and tech. I dread to think how poor the holds are.

As for the music, I never understood the outrage over violent lyrics in music as we generally don't hold film/tv to the same standard. I don't endorse executing children but I just watched that happen in a TV series I'm watching and I'll tune in again tomorrow.

JamieG

• forum hero
#6561 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 12:54:43 am
Living large has to be one of if not the most impressive boulder I've seen climbed. The combination of height, difficulty and tech. I dread to think how poor the holds are.

As for the music, I never understood the outrage over violent lyrics in music as we generally don't hold film/tv to the same standard. I don't endorse executing children but I just watched that happen in a TV series I'm watching and I'll tune in again tomorrow.

It’s not the violence per se. It’s the glorification that is the problem. And I think people would have a problem if a TV program glorified violence against women too. At least I hope they would. 

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#6562 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 07:03:18 am

Are you casually watching films that glorify sexual violence against women? Because that's what's being referenced in the lyrics.

Your TV series may have had children dying but I'd hazard a guess it wasn't being celebrated.

Loos3-tools

#6563 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 07:37:45 am
Maybe the song is a gruelling explicit commentary on the evils of gang culture and the mellow lads just sing along as per Nirvana’s lyrics

He's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say he's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say yeah

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6564 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 08:21:53 am
This is fantastic stuff. Proper old skool Daily Mail style outrage. Love it.

I listen to music full of lyrics about torturing people to death, chainsawing faces off, battery acid enemas, forced abortions, flaying people alive, etc etc...

....and it's sure as hell going on my next bouldering video. I'll even put subtitles in in case the growling and shrieking is incomprehensible.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#6565 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 08:33:54 am

I listen to music full of lyrics about torturing people to death, chainsawing faces off, battery acid enemas, forced abortions, flaying people alive, etc etc...

....and it's sure as hell going on my next bouldering video. I'll even put subtitles in in case the growling and shrieking is incomprehensible.

Case dismissed your honour.....

T_B

• forum hero
#6566 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 08:37:11 am

In case you hadn’t noticed you’re not Shawn Raboutou and no one watches your videos.

T_B

• forum hero
#6567 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 08:43:00 am
The recent Mellow video with Barefoot Charles in it was great, you get a sense of his personality as well as it being a joy to watch him climb.

The music in this video is first and foremost a distraction. But I wouldn’t want to be brand manager for TNF. My bet is the vid doesn’t stay up in its current state.

Loos3-tools

#6568 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 08:47:11 am
I see your concern re fiends comments TB, it’s clear the target audience for Mellow may be at risk of being triggered to go out and commit random acts of violence and misogyny after hearing that music. Where as fiends music choices may lead one to simply turn the vid off.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#6569 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:05:02 am

Are you casually watching films that glorify sexual violence against women? Because that's what's being referenced in the lyrics.

Your TV series may have had children dying but I'd hazard a guess it wasn't being celebrated.

The line between the glorification of violence/sexual abuse/racism and simply depicting it is blurry at best. Just take Game of Thrones as an example - one of the most popular shows of all time and you might see all of these themes appear in a single episode.

I'm not overly familiar with this particular song, but take his first album 'Ready to Die' which depicts similar themes such as drug dealing, misogyny, violence and armed robbery. The record is a masterpiece, a view unanimously shared by music critics and it went platinum. Whilst the lawlessness it describes is thrilling, the album is a reflection of the environment he grew up in, and it ultimately serves as a deterrent. The story unfolds track-by-track, honestly portraying the internal struggle of a young black man caught up in gangs and drugs, and it shares the excitement and the horror that comes with it (e.g. the closer "Suicidal Thoughts"). Take one of those tracks out of context of the album and some would view them as glorifying violence, but they'd be wrong.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#6570 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:05:36 am
The recent Mellow video with Barefoot Charles in it was great, you get a sense of his personality as well as it being a joy to watch him climb.

The music in this video is first and foremost a distraction. But I wouldn’t want to be brand manager for TNF. My bet is the vid doesn’t stay up in its current state.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that...

JamieG

• forum hero
#6571 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:25:35 am
Take one of those tracks out of context of the album and some would view them as glorifying violence, but they'd be wrong.

Isn’t this exactly why it’s a poor choice for a bouldering film. It’s lost all context.

T_B

• forum hero
#6572 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:28:40 am
That was clever about 15 years ago but you don’t see TNF on middle aged outdoor men so much nowadays (I work in that ‘space’). TNF are a youth streetwear brand now. Not sure a large part of their target audience is so down with misogyny/homophobia.

(Apols if any middle aged UKBers are still rockin TNF)

Bradders

• forum hero
#6573 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:39:47 am
Take one of those tracks out of context of the album and some would view them as glorifying violence, but they'd be wrong.

Isn’t this exactly why it’s a poor choice for a bouldering film. It’s lost all context.

Precisely.

I've no issue with depictions of violence etc. where it serves a purpose or is relevant to the context in which it's portrayed. I've recently been catching up on The Walking Dead, for example, and it would be bizarre for it not to feature incredibly graphic violence.

That's not what's happening here.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#6574 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
February 13, 2021, 10:58:25 am

touché

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal