UKBouldering.com

Font Science (Read 7495 times)

erm, sam

• forum hero
#25 Re: Font Science
October 24, 2006, 07:15:16 pm
By the way, the forcast is looking better and better.
Currently BBC Weather is showing no rain between now and saturday.
There is still hope..

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#26 Re: Font Science
October 24, 2006, 09:18:57 pm
just got txt from slimfast.....

it bloody perfect in font

and i'm not going.... bollox :'(

erm, sam

• forum hero
#27 Re: Font Science
October 24, 2006, 09:46:54 pm
I'll be there on Saturday morning. AND I CANNOT WAIT.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#28 Re: Font Science
October 27, 2006, 11:24:10 am
j
ust got txt from slimfast.....

it bloody perfect in font
sometimes things just come together..........like Chest infections and climbing trips. Cant complain cos had a couple of very good days. But felt like shit all week and visit to doctor confirmed my thoughts of bubbling infected lungs, damn. Was bit warm actually(which is better than rain!) but hard to confirm wether that or me uncontrollably sweating.

Just to add that the top, thats the very top near Iceberg, of Isatis dries quickly. Was up there saturday eve and it had pissed down mid afternoon, stuff like De Brevitate Vitae was bone dry!
(also had the amusing spectical of a WAY too strong belgium climbing this in what can only be described as blinkered approach. Dont think he appreciated my scornfull scoffing at his crap sequence, especially after he had tried it for two years and we only just missed the 1 hour ascent cos it was too dark)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:12:09 pm by fatboySlimfast »

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#29 Re: Font Science
October 27, 2006, 08:19:47 pm
Pics would be good if you have any!

BenF

• forum hero
#30 Re: Font Science
October 28, 2006, 10:46:30 am
We got back late on Thursday night and the weather definitely turned out for the good.  We got five days of uninterrupted climbing (bar two five minute showers), seven hours a day at the crag and reasonable conditions.  Pretty warm by the end of the trip, but it was dry throughout.  I think the bad forecast scared people off the place because I've never seen Font so quiet until Thursday when we finished off at Cuvier!

A very successful trip that involved so much climbing I left feeling like I'd been run over. 

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#31 Re: Font Science
October 28, 2006, 11:15:48 am

Just to add that the top, thats the very top near Iceberg, of Isatis dries quickly. Was up there saturday eve and it had pissed down mid afternoon, stuff like De Brevitate Vitae was bone dry!
(also had the amusing spectical of a WAY too strong belgium climbing this in what can only be described as blinkered approach. Dont think he appreciated my scornfull scoffing at his crap sequence, especially after he had tried it for two years and we only just missed the 1 hour ascent cos it was too dark)
It doesn't mention it in the 7+8s but according to bleau.com DBV is an eliminate version on an easier problem, avoiding the big pocket. Does that explain it, or was he being blinkered within those blinkers?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#32 Re: Font Science
October 28, 2006, 11:55:27 am
he was very blinkered and he was using the pocket/bucket! it was the last move he kept falling off,  he had some obscene pinky finger lock/ pinch thing going on which i tried once then dismissed with my sauasage doigts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal