UKBouldering.com

Stoney Middleton Crystal Meths Factory! (Read 5814 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Stoney Middleton Crystal Meths Factory!
October 25, 2006, 07:28:12 pm
Quote from: The BBC
'Drugs factory' found in village 
Police have uncovered what they believe to be a drugs factory in a village in the Derbyshire Peak District.
An industrial unit owner in Stoney Middleton reported his suspicions of a man renting the premises.

Officers say they found chemicals and equipment used to make methamphetamine ("crystal meths"); they plan to check two other premises in Chesterfield.

The production operation is thought to be only the fourth "crystal meths" factory found in England and Wales.

Volatile chemicals

Police believe some chemicals may have been dumped in woods near the Rock Mill Business Park and have advised walkers to avoid the area until officers have checked it.

They said the chemicals can be volatile and dangerous if inhaled.

Det Ch Insp Tony Blockley said: "This is likely to be a long investigation as we are having to take care not to put our officers or the public at risk from these chemicals. The production of methamphetamine can be very dangerous for anyone involved."

Steve Holme, chair of the local community Safety Partnership Drug and Alcohol Action (SPODA) group added: "It's very worrying that we've discovered the manufacture of this drug in our area although we have no reports that the use of it is prevalent."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/6084016.stm

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

An industrial unit owner in Stoney Middleton reported his suspicions of a man renting the premises

I can see the future headline, "Industrial Unit Owner's body found at bottom of ladybower resevoir". Pretty stupid of the police to release that sort of information.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Probably the biggest news to come out of Stoney since Malc did his one day ascent of Pinch 2. I'm sure that day is branded into the residents minds too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 09:29:56 pm by Ru, Reason: Made \"mind\" plural. I am presuming the residents don\'t have a Borg like collective mind. »

dave

the kinda headline I'd like to read about stoney would be along the lines of "lorry driver parks idiotically across 18 parking spaces". now thats a key issue worth addressing.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Probably the biggest news to come out of Stoney since Malc did his one day ascent of Pinch 2. I'm sure that day is branded into the residents minds too.

I was there.. more like a 15 minute ascent of Pinch 2 IIRC.  He drove me (token punter), Stuey Cameron and Ben Pritch out in that little white Panda shooting two red lights on the way (he'd just past his test).  I think I've got some slides somewhere...

With hindsight, I'll never forget the dumbfounded look on Stuarts face when Malc pissed the problem.  Probably very similar to the guy who rented the Meth lab who's now having his knackers blowtorched and twisted off with plyers in a cellar somewhere this evening.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I was there.. more like a 15 minute ascent of Pinch 2 IIRC.  He drove me (token punter), Stuey Cameron and Ben Pritch out in that little white Panda shooting two red lights on the way (he'd just past his test).  I think I've got some slides somewhere...

With hindsight, I'll never forget the dumbfounded look on Stuarts face when Malc pissed the problem. 

these are the posts i love UKB for.
great.

irish si

• menacing presence
Ha ha well i have a funny link here......

I (not that many years ago) saw a well known climber we all know doing pinch 2 ( with all the correct sequence) in about 15 minutes also.  The difference is he had not been to bed in about three nights hade taken about 100 quids worth of class a's (in three days) and had drank numerous bottles of spirits in this time also.  legend.

Nigel

• forum hero
And wasn't it later on that night that he drove to Wales, necked a few more class A's and a few Stellas, then onsight soloed, in the dark with no headtorch (but a stereo hanging off his belt in a plastic bag), one of the Vector Headwall E3's?  :goodidea: First time on net for ages Irish, gonna send you an e-mail.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
ha ha ha... it's all true aswell, as incredible as it sounds! What a legend that man is. I believe he nearly fell off too from what he told me. A real man!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
give legends a name please

Idol eyes

• junky
Theres a crack lab at Curbar too

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
See what you did there

Idol eyes

• junky
I love geting high at Curbar...

Greencar

#13 Re: Stoney Middleton Crystal Meths Factory!
November 05, 2006, 08:39:10 am
that explains it. i work in a kids home in stoney and the kids were sure there had been a mass murder with all the police tents and 5 cars full of coppers around the area 24-7. Think they'll be even morer psyched when they find out it was a drug factory!   :bounce:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#14 Re: Stoney Middleton Crystal Meths Factory!
November 20, 2006, 05:41:53 am
I wonder if the guy was exporting his product to Germany???

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#15 Re: Stoney Middleton Crystal Meths Factory!
November 20, 2006, 07:33:04 am
I always thought they should have made the euro notes out of plastic like they do in Oz and NZ.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal