UKBouldering.com

WANTED: foam, good stuff only (Read 4501 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 16, 2006, 10:02:28 pm
I am the proud owner of the origional cordless taco style pad. On it's purchase I  can remember one fine day ramming the entire contents of a now defunct pad manufacturers foam into the cordless on top of the stock foam.......

I'm losing crash absorbance, the foams are tired (and i'm a bit heavy), i'm in need of refilling the pad... times 2 the ususal dose.

it seems a real waste to get a new pad - which wont be as padded as what i've got....if i refoam.

anyone got info on foam suppliers???

i know this will cost, but surely not as much as getting a new one. The outer on the cordless is perfect - hence another reason why i want to keep the outer skin.

advice most welcome, ta.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 16, 2006, 10:16:18 pm

This has been raised before and I think the knowledge is that it's just not worth sourcing small quantities of foam yourself because it would work out more than just getting a new pad.

Maybe someone like POD would be able to help?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#2 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 16, 2006, 10:21:43 pm
sorry for not doing a search bubba, many thanks...

i'll consider a new taco and *adding foam* from my existing collection to the pad.

mark

• forum abuser
#3 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 16, 2006, 10:49:51 pm
Needlesports sell a few sizes of replacement foam. You could buy the buy the foam for the Metolius XXL and cut it down to size. Details here:
http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Mail_Order_Crash_Mats_45.html

Alpkit also sell some replacement foam but it may not be big enough for your pad. Here:
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16254&category_id=252

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#4 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 16, 2006, 11:22:46 pm

i'll consider a new taco and *adding foam* from my existing collection to the pad.

What you wanna Jon is this  ;)

Buy an AK 47 pad in about 1 months time from somewhere not very far from your house then add all of your old foam to that. The AK is basically the same as a Pusher/Cordless pad as its made by the same people in SLC. Unfortunately they have stopped doing Bruce Lee tee shirts but ho hum you can't have everything.

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 17, 2006, 12:17:22 am
Unfortunately they have stopped doing Bruce Lee tee shirts but ho hum you can't have everything.

Thats a damn shame, mines in need of the bin. I know a good few people who need another bruce shirt.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#6 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 17, 2006, 07:58:42 am

What you wanna Jon is this  ;)

Buy an AK 47 pad in about 1 months time from somewhere not very far from your house then add all of your old foam to that. The AK is basically the same as a Pusher/Cordless pad as its made by the same people in SLC. Unfortunately they have stopped doing Bruce Lee tee shirts but ho hum you can't have everything.

i'm always up for a bit of bling, and as one in 14 in the world own an AK47 (according to clarkson) so do i. If ithe ak is basiclly the same you have just made your first sale form a shop yet to be built!! nice one - i'll pick it up on the opening day then!!!! :great:

er...... discount??

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#7 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 17, 2006, 05:25:52 pm
just treied to check out revolutionclimbing site; to ogle over the piccies - site not workin! :'(

only one concern...... (apart form deciding whether to get the mo f8ck big ONE) is the velcro... cos i usually put a metolius satchal type bag in the taco, fold it over and then tension it all up with the metal clasps

i'm all a dither now - wanting a new toy but hoping all my shizz will fit in it... i'll have to have a packing test  of one when the shop is open......

hmmmmmm...that massive deep one certainly looks like it could slow down even my more than average bulk though....

chappers

• forum hero
#8 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 18, 2006, 10:46:36 am
Unfortunately they have stopped doing Bruce Lee tee shirts but ho hum you can't have everything.

Thats a damn shame, mines in need of the bin. I know a good few people who need another bruce shirt.

everybody needs a bruce lee shirt. surely the guys who have built the worlds largest and best climbing wall could build a few tee shirts?? i would buy two.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 26, 2006, 10:11:52 am
Holdz sorted me out some custom foam for 40 quid, was a while back though, worth a call though

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#10 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 26, 2006, 09:01:25 pm
Jon

As a full member you are of course entitled to a massive 10% off in our shop  ;)

We are only bringing in the AK's, the 12 gauges are just too much (no room to store them etc) but we will have one that we will hire/loan out.

Cheers
Graeme

Ps the members preview night won't be for a couple of weeks, we want to get all of the buidling and painting finished first, can't have you all walking around a building site.

Dave Westlake

• menacing presence
#11 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
October 29, 2006, 11:51:05 pm

everybody needs a bruce lee shirt. surely the guys who have built the worlds largest and best climbing wall could build a few tee shirts?? i would buy two.

I would buy 4. Maybe we should start a campaign... 

Are you doing the Revolution Tee shirts then Graham ?  i'll have one of they

maximus

#12 Re: WANTED: foam, good stuff only
January 01, 2007, 11:08:35 pm
Hi,
I have got three pieces of boulder mat size foam which should have gone into to  red chilli mats if you want them?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal