zero pint (Read 1139 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
zero pint
October 03, 2006, 02:57:06 pm
for a nice laugh,
go to fancyapint.com and read the zero pint awarded pubs review...
theyre funny as hell.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: zero pint
October 03, 2006, 09:28:37 pm
This place sounds nice:

We can only imagine how this place used to be. Quite possibly once a charming country inn, at some point it got cut off from normal society in a sea of dual carriageways, roundabouts, ugly council blocks and '80s new build houses. Now, sadly, it's a strong candidate for the worst pub in London. Indeed it could be looked at as a microcosm of Darwinism, where certain inhabitants of this isolated area have (de)evolved into something quite unrecognisable. We knew we were in for a bad time when the abuse started from 40 feet away. Perhaps the fact we weren't wearing cheap sportswear made our arrival conspicuous, but at midday it was still a surprise to see shouty locals (with toddlers in tow) drunk to the point of incoherence (and in one case, unconsciousness). Continual comments and thinly veiled threats in our direction, whilst sat in a beer garden more reminiscent of a brownfield site, made our drink here the most unpleasant imaginable. The landlord may have been agreeable enough, but here its clearly the lunatics which run the asylum.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: zero pint
October 04, 2006, 03:40:48 pm
I'm sure I've been there, is it in Balham?

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: zero pint
October 04, 2006, 08:11:15 pm
Nah mate. Balham's like 'fackin' Notting Hill these days... all starbucks and pizza express. Sounds more like my old local from my Streatham days. A pub where "please" after placing an order was a sign of weakness and where one night in the beer garden 2 "hooded yoot" carrying a car stereo vaulted gazelle-like over the fence and across the ajoining dual-carriageway followed by two red-faced, puffing and cursing coppers. Hell of a 'hood!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: zero pint
October 05, 2006, 08:57:32 am
Well over the ten year mark since I was last drinking in Balham. Feels like yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal