UKBouldering.com

where were you after 1 year (Read 12546 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#50 Re: where were you after 1 year
October 01, 2006, 06:28:44 pm
In answer to the original question, let me put it this way, the two items I really, really wanted when I started were some EBs and a pair of tweed britches!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#51 Re: where were you after 1 year
October 02, 2006, 08:29:17 am
Sorry I can't let such boot related trivia go unchecked, the pink precursors to the lazers were called Sprints (as wron by jerry Moffat. The Sprint I had a fibreglass insert which made them uselessly stiff and the Sprint II was uselessly soft. The turquoise 5.10s with pink lases were called Huecos.

I will happily concede and bow to your better knowledge on that one. Lazer MK Is were indeed called Sprints.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#52 Re: where were you after 1 year
October 02, 2006, 01:55:43 pm
after one year i was still busy with the pullup bar.

but had already scared myself on via normale at campanile basso in the brenta dolomites.
on a standard 3,5 hours route, we spent 9, and while signing the "libro di via" at the top, i broke in tears and understood that climbing was everything.
rappels in the dark followed.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#53 Re: where were you after 1 year
October 02, 2006, 07:03:31 pm

and then a second hand pair of Asolo Runouts which were an absoulte revelation as I could use footholds which previously never existed.

Andy F

This is a clear contradiction as you continue to attempt to use footholds which clearly do not exist

It's called smearing youth, you should try it sometime.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal