UKBouldering.com

The boulder project (Read 1920 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero

Dr T

• forum hero
#1 Re: The boulder project
October 02, 2006, 07:10:22 pm
should there be a uk wing/version of this???
does the BMC do enough?
can the BMC represent and educate everyone from mountainers to walkers to pebble wrestlers?
 :-\

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Re: The boulder project
October 02, 2006, 08:17:53 pm
Blimey, liking the ghettospeak there, even includes a good article by Mick  :shock; :
http://www.accessfund.org/boulderproject/pub.php

Jacqusie

• stalker
#3 Re: The boulder project
October 03, 2006, 09:26:31 pm
should there be a uk wing/version of this???
does the BMC do enough?
can the BMC represent and educate everyone from mountainers to walkers to pebble wrestlers?
 :-\

Interesting that you ask if the BMC do enough. What would you like them to be doing? Another question would be - should the BMC be held to actually DO anything? - well in fact they ( well we! ) do -and its only with volunteers good will that (in the Peak in any case) they help fund access projects such as the plantations erosion project  - try to negotiate access at crags like Eagle Tor, Toad Hall etc, and look at the erosion of the holds on boulders by monitoring and repair...

I wish we could do more - but we value volunteers more than anything to help - and that means you guys when we have projects that need helpers.

Come along to any of the area meetings and have your say....

However I agree - the BMC could have its own branch of the access fund to concentrate nationally on bouldering issues - at the mo theres a small few Volunteers in the peak that concentrate on our own area - I hope that other areas see what we are doing and try to emulate it!

Cheers

Si
BMC Access REp

PS: Check out the latest ed of climbing magazine (US mag) for more Plantation/Access Fund info!

Dr T

• forum hero
#4 Re: The boulder project
October 04, 2006, 12:16:41 pm
However I agree - the BMC could have its own branch of the access fund to concentrate nationally on bouldering issues - at the mo theres a small few Volunteers in the peak that concentrate on our own area - I hope that other areas see what we are doing and try to emulate it!

totally not having a go at the BMC, the access and anti-erosion work etc you guys do is great
 just maybe a dedicated "bouldering arm" of the BMC might make the work a bit more visable to boulderers!!

the latest issue of urban climber (again US mag) has a big article about access and the boulder project with commentry from the man Sharma......

as a soft southerner who climbs in the peak a big thanks to the locals that do volunteer up there ie the guys (and girls) who have been sorting the erosion at the plantation for example....  :bow:

account_inactive

• forum hero
#5 Re: The boulder project
October 04, 2006, 04:51:20 pm
I think the boulder projects goes along way to making access issues cool. That cant ever be a bad thing.  I'm not sure that the BMC is progressive enough to move that way.  This is not me having a go by any means, the work the BMC can do is excellent.  Its a shame that it can't work in a similar way to when people posted on here about sorting out the plantation.  Its all a big grass roots, not as slick and professional as the septics.  The bouldering commandments go along way to help though

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal