UKBouldering.com

Drowning Pool - Roaches (Read 3335 times)

Llama

Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 09:59:39 am
My sequence is somthing like this:

span to poor sloper with left, heel hook right, crank to poor sloper with right, collapse onto mat. At what point should you go across to the hanging flake with your right?

any better sequences much appreciated

cheers

Rice Boy

• stalker
#1 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 10:14:58 am
span to poor sloper with left, heel hook right, crank to poor sloper with right, collapse onto mat. At what point should you go across to the hanging flake with your right?

This is also my exact sequence. Hope that helps. ::)

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#2 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 10:21:49 am
From what I remember I rocked right over onto my right foot and then slapped into the flake as a backhand with my left hand.  Then it's just a moment or two of inelegant udging between you and glory.

I'm sure ther's a more elegant way of doing this but this was the method I used when I first did it.

Rice Boy

• stalker
#3 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 11:01:56 am
I'd had a few failed slaps with my right hand but figured if I'd caught it my body would be too extended to palm off with left hand.

SF's beta looks on the mark although I'd seen some photos somewhere of someone possibly using this sequence a bit too liberally and rocking over all the way over to the right, mind you that's no mean feat.

On recent visits I've been mostly sticking to Staffs Flyer and not turning my back on the pool for too long, mostly. Vivid imagination and Japanese horror not mixing well.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#4 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 01:11:39 pm
My sequence:

From eroding Jug, span with left hand to sloper, right heel sideways on jug. Pull in on right heel to lock off sloper and reach high into flake with right hand, to a point where there is a bit of a thumb catch, which enables you to hang the flake while you bring your left foot just under and jug and change your right heel to a toe. Push away with your right foot in order to get more on the flake and slap your left hand out to palm down on the bulge up and left of the sloper. press off this to pull your left foot high under your hands and stand up to an easy top out.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 04:04:07 pm
Sloper with right hand and back hand (left) into the flake, although udging, flailing and floping onto your mat is all in too.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 04:11:23 pm
Last time I was there some, some, I find this hard to put into words as the anger fills my skull and clouds my judgement, some BASTARD had put rocks in the pool to keep, I presume, their fucking precious little bouldering mat dry. For god's sake this is the wild countryside, can't you people leave it as it is without constructing these tesselating drystone monstrosities? I can't put into words my contempt for you people, does it make you feel big to castrate the wild? Does it? Does it?

AndiT

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 04:31:19 pm
 :guilty:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#8 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 06:31:50 pm
 ;D

Eddies

• forum hero
#9 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 07:05:27 pm
Maybe it should be re-named - Doxeys pool's!?

titter titter

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#10 Re: Drowning Pool - Roaches
March 23, 2007, 07:13:39 pm
Doxey's Patio?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal