places to visit > something for the weekend - hookups and lifts

Buses from sheff to peak

<< < (5/5)

andy popp:
I would have imagined that you can have rarely felt more 'connected' to a landscape than you did that day!

nic mullin:

having spent half my life on busses to the peak from sheff, i can drop the following science upon you:

for burbage south, millstone, lawrencefield, secret garden etc get the 272 from the interchange or hunter's bar. they go pretty much every hour and well into the evening.

for rivelin and stanage end get the 273 which goes up past the uni and out along manchester road. they don't run very often or come back that late.

the 240 and 65 go out to calver for froggatt and curbar. both go via the fox house for burbage. you can use those for the limestone and some crags further south with a bit of a walk.

the 51 to lodge moor goes past bell hagg, but if you're in s10 you might as well walk. 

the 257 goes out to stanage popular, via burbage north/west and higgar, but only goes at weekends as far as i know.

you can get to most places with some walking from that lot. hitching back to town is usually pretty easy from anywhere, especially if you've got a pad or a rope visible. usually easier in the wet or dark as people will take pity on you.

after doing all that lot since i moved up here 5 years ago i have developed a viscious hatred for public transport in general and have now thrown myself into the process of learning to drive with a passion.

enjoy,

catch you on the bus...

Dirty Passion Monkey:
Thanks all, especially nic - thats helpful.

Ben

andy popp:

--- Quote from: Dirty Passion Monkey on October 01, 2006, 07:03:21 pm ---Thanks all, especially nic - thats helpful.

Ben

--- End quote ---

We did get a bit off topic didn't we.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version