UKBouldering.com

Camping/Drinking in Northumberland (Read 1737 times)

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 21, 2006, 01:36:23 pm
Anyone know of a CHEAP campsite near to Kyloe or Bowden? I found one that appears to be about a furkin tenner - which is roughly the same as stopping in the hostel!

Does anyone know of a particularly good pub in the area? Preferably without a misleading sign saying pub next left, then it being a 5 mile drive to find its full of monosyllabic, dribbling, gene sharing pretards who would not serve us food?

Cheers

Rich

dave

#1 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 21, 2006, 05:13:49 pm
for excellent cheap accomodation up that way, walking distance from a boozer (black sheep was on) try this:

http://www.bunkhousenorthumberland.co.uk/

we've stayed there and can fully reccomend it. sod camping, that's for benders.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 21, 2006, 09:53:26 pm
Thats the most important part sorted.

The Black Sheep will be getting serviced, though I am stuck with the camping option as my mate has just got himself a new tent and is wetting himself to try it out.

Just popped out to Shaftoe tonight was amazing you wouldn't happen to have any beta for tommy tip toe's? I tried it with tattered skin and found that I need a plan for gaining the slopey dish.

Cheers

grimer

• forum hero
#3 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 25, 2006, 01:51:58 pm
cheers for tip on the bunkhouse, Dave. Went there this weekend, great spot.

dave

#4 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 25, 2006, 05:07:23 pm
nice one. the bloke that runs that place is sound anall.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#5 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 25, 2006, 05:44:42 pm
Go to Seahouses (5 min drive) get the lash in The Ship (genius pub, good bitter followed by single malt), then camp/ bivvy on the beach between there and Bamburgh.

Wake up at dawn, reach for camera...

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 25, 2006, 05:46:21 pm
Is this the mighty wal? He is a good lad. I have stayed there and loved it too. Also spent time in a cottage in belford which ideal and was rented thru northumbrian byways. Can't remember address and am mobile at month, so you'll have to google it.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 26, 2006, 10:26:12 am
The bunkhouse is good and near enough to the pub, although it's all rather landlords and gamekeepers territory.

I've used a campsite down by the beach one time which had its own bar. I'll find out where it was for you and post it here.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Camping/Drinking in Northumberland
September 26, 2006, 11:00:13 am
Last time I was up that way I stopped in a hostel. Really good place with a chippy round the corner and wallabys opposite!
Rained off plans to go to northumberland at the weekend and went to sunderland wall only to be chased off by the route setters grrrrrrrr.

Anyway does anyone actually know of a cheap Campsite or can we get away with camping wild (roar)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal