UKBouldering.com

Esoteric Clwydian Limestone (Read 2819 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 14, 2006, 11:55:09 pm
I know we've had topics around bouldering in Clwyd before and even mention of a decent bit of bouldering around Craig Y Forwen/Craig Arthur, but is it really worth a visit? Craig Y Moch is mentioned in the Cockfax Guide but no mention of quality or quantity etc. Will be in the area doing routes (don't start...) in the near future and will check it out if anyone thinks it's worth it.

Hell, I reckon I'll visit it anyway, but it would be nice to get some beta!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#1 Re: Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 16, 2006, 11:05:18 am
Pan-y-muin (sp???) aka The Devils gorge has some stuff to do. Ask Owen next time you see him at the wall as he's been there a bit.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 16, 2006, 01:16:57 pm
Went a few weeks back when it was much warmer. The cavey-type feature under the bridge (also the name of the best looking problem on it) has some good moves to keep one entertained, and then round the corner, there's the low roof. Under the Bridge section may be damp after recent rain, but I imagine the other roof might not be.

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=158

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,5523.0.html

Doylo's directions in this thread were superb might I add.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#3 Re: Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 17, 2006, 10:45:31 pm
Cheers Tom, went to Devils Gorge last week (although only to drop Polish Mike off as I had to trad :-[) and it looked cool, but when I started this thread I was really wondering what the climbing was like at Pant-Y-Muwn (sp?) as it's aluded to in the Rockfax Clwyd guide (can't you just tell I'm doing my SPA?).

Thanks for the tip Andy, had already asked O and he hadn't been. Looks like we may visit in the near future as the Stig is soon be doing his SPA! Wonders will never cease! Can't wait to see his skinnyness in a harness, let alone sketching up some polished HVS!

Will update when I've been!

BenF

• forum hero
#4 Re: Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 19, 2006, 08:22:26 am
Stig is soon be doing his SPA! Wonders will never cease! Can't wait to see his skinnyness in a harness, let alone sketching up some polished HVS!

Yeah, it's gonna be fuckin' funny.  I even had a long conversation with him about doing grit routes as warm ups before bouldering this winter!  Personally I'll be surprised if he ends up putting a harness on at all over the next few months.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#5 Re: Esoteric Clwydian Limestone
September 21, 2006, 02:30:23 pm
Spelt Pant-y-Mwyn. I know it's the name of the village in which you park at least. Perhaps one of the resident north Wales boys might be able to pipe up on this for you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal