UKBouldering.com

Raven Tor Condition.... (Read 1773 times)

north_country_boy

• junky
Raven Tor Condition....
September 14, 2006, 05:46:01 pm
Can anybody give an up to date conditions report for Raven Tor? Particularly the left hand side (Indecent/Body Machine etc).........Had Bucket loads of rain up in Yorkshire today......if its same in Peak, I imagine Raven Tor is going to be seeping at weekend!...cheers

andy_e

• forum hero

north_country_boy

• junky
#2 Re: Raven Tor Condition....
September 14, 2006, 06:09:20 pm
Yeah nice one, I put it in here as its more likely to get a reply of some use......(you just proved me wrong!)......as no one has posted on other thread for a month!.......

Constructive comments please....

IanP

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Raven Tor Condition....
September 14, 2006, 06:20:44 pm
I'm sure will come with up more up to date info but..

It was bone dry a week and half ago (Sunday 3/9) when Malham and Kilnsey had bothl got wet.  With the good weather last weekend it definitely won't have got wet until today and usually at this time of year it takes more than one days rain to start the seepage.  But then again it has rained a lot today so I'm only guessing really.

I tend to expect that once dry the main peak limestone crags take quite a bit of rain to start the seepage when the vegetation above them is still growing.

north_country_boy

• junky
#4 Re: Raven Tor Condition....
September 15, 2006, 06:58:21 pm
So weather sounds like it has been Kosher in teh peak today (?)...........so Anyone been to the Tor today and would liek to give an update on conditions....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal