UKBouldering.com

how to rip real player streaming clips off bleau.info (Read 20075 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
I've got a $200 real editing program thanks. just need to know the maximum frame rate/size/bitrate etc...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :) ;D :P :lol: :alky: :beer2: :great: :beer1:
Right, here's how:
get the clip as described.
get hold of Hellix real producer (expensive to buy, cheap to download  :whistle:)
follow :
http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic9547.html
sent to phone and we've got beta at the crag
hurray

thanks to all those that have helped. now its time to get ripping

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
this works for grabbing streaming video / audio / flash movies etc:

http://www.ivanview.com/1ClickPicGrabber-review1004.html

its easy to use. you can grab stuff with one click straight from the web page.

it only works with IE though.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
UPDATE!

right then, the new version of WM recorder 11.2 seems to be a lot more stable than previous versions. Very easy to use with none click operation.
This is the way to rip streaming media.

Conversion to Nokia N73,N80, other S60v3 devices:
I now use a program called super using the new H.264 mpeg4 codec which is amazing. best thing is its all freeware and can do bulk conversions very easily. Full guide can be found here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53910

bigphil

• menacing presence
For all those interested in EM's.  You can get an awful lot from http://www.ump3.de/ along with other mixes from out there in the ether.  For the princely sum of 5 euros you can even download as many as you like for a month at a time.  ;D

I've also been streaming the EMs for about 2 years now with Streamdown and then converting the RA file to mp3 with Wavepad.  Works like a dream. you just need the URL for the the bbc site which is rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/essmix.ra  :whistle:

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Haven't had a chance to test this so can't vouch if its any good, but found this today...

http://media-convert.com/convert/

It appears to include all the usual phone/formats etc.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
super using the new H.264 mpeg4 codec

Had a look at this super thing and found it functional but a horrendous interface - think cereal boxes and sticky back plastic. Anyway, avoid H.264 - I think there is some limitation around framerate, cant find the article where I read that though.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
quality is excellent on my phone so can't really argue with that.
Framerate limitation is only 15 fps (no flickering) on the n73 but I think that is to do with the real player software that is installed on the phone

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
super using the new H.264 mpeg4 codec

Had a look at this super thing and found it functional but a horrendous interface - think cereal boxes and sticky back plastic. Anyway, avoid H.264 - I think there is some limitation around framerate, cant find the article where I read that though.

Super is powerful but looks exactly as described. However, you are incorrect about the h264 codec. It is very powerful and a derivative of it is now used in high definition hdd based camcorders.

Jim, I believe you can install vlc on your phone nowadays (edit; currently only windows), however there are plenty of other players that will play RM such as helix player. Whether or not it will play 25fps+ is dependant on your phone's memory/processor not the software you use. For example, my phone will play up to 30fps but I'm pretty sure it's mainly because it has a dedicated 2D/3D graphics accelerator.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:16:31 am by unclesomebody »

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
not exactly on topic, but...
i cant correctly watch the video of the problems. i have realplayer, but when it starts displaying, i can only see a few still images separated by many seconds.
???

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
from the webpage, right click on the video and choose "play in realplayer". That could solve your problem. Other than that, try looking at the settings for the buffer settings and perhaps increase them.

cofe

• forum hero
word. i've playing around with this stuff at the moment but with no joy - does anyone have any knowledge on how to rip bleau vids for ipod playback?

ta.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
'Super' will convert most things to iPod format.

andy_e

• forum hero
how about pressing "print screen" on every frame and converting it into an animated gif?  :lol:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
word. i've playing around with this stuff at the moment but with no joy - does anyone have any knowledge on how to rip bleau vids for ipod playback?

ta.

here you go

http://www.download.com/A-one-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10774316.html?tag=lst-1

If you can get hold of the full version even better

Regarding the bleau stuff, If you have the new real player, enable the download button, you can just download all the vids saved to you real libery cant spell, then just convert them

I have an I paq with an 8 gig card, converted most of bleau to that in an afternoon

Or simply just move here all the beta you need right on your doorstep

cofe

• forum hero
thanks beast. i'll try that later.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I use WM recorder to rip them off bleau.info site and then convert with super
WM recorder is available from most good torrent sites and super is available for free

cofe

• forum hero
this is driving me bananas. I'm using WMR but it's being gay. i'm putting the URL in eg and a file name and it just isn't recording them. am i missing some setting or summert?

help!?!?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
which version of WMR are you using?
I found some of the earlier ones to be a pain in the arse. Also I think you may need to set it up to rip real player files
I think I am using this version (torrent link)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I am using that version and have just checked it and it works fine.
Install and run the patch. Then open it up. Then go to bleau.info, play the video you want to rip and it will auto rip it to the output folder.
I have always relabeled the videos as they aren't labeled correctly and it could get confusing otherwise

cofe

• forum hero
word. i had 11 but updated to 12 but could only use demo version. do i just use this or do i have to get rid of my existing 12 and then use that.

Then go to bleau.info, play the video you want to rip and it will auto rip it to the output folder.

also, do i just play in bleau.info and it records automatically, rather than fannying around in wmr each time?

cofe

• forum hero
for info, i tried it neil h's way but it downloads Internet Video Recording files (.ivr) which it appears nothing can convert.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
word, go into control panel, add/remove programs. uninstall wmr11.
then go to c:\program files\ and delete the WMR11 folder. Then reboot your computer.
Then download the link I gave in my last post. Install the WMR12 installer (as per instructions), then run patch.
Then run WMR12 and leave it running (set which folder you want to output to in settings)
Go to bleau.info and any real clips that you play on the site, WMR12 will automatically record to the set folder without any fucking about

cofe

• forum hero
thanks word - it appears to be working! get in. i have font vids on my ipod. they're a bit blocky but should be ok. not sure why they're doing that.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
why are they blocky? are you using super to convert them? if so you must be using the wrong settings

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal