UKBouldering.com

New problem at Froggatt (Read 2518 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
New problem at Froggatt
May 26, 2003, 03:15:33 pm
currently at froggatt trying a boulder problem 20m left of renegade master. Just want to know what it is and a grade for it. It's a sit start to rounded finish through a bulge. cheers.

billy

• regular
#1 New problem at Froggatt
May 27, 2003, 09:51:14 am
Sorry, not a new prob..... i did this ~2yrs ago! Its called 'the game' and i reckoned about V4/5

Good prob though! :D  :D

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#2 New problem at Froggatt
May 27, 2003, 12:32:00 pm
Thanks for the response.  I didn't mean new problem in the sense of a problem i just opened, simple one i just found that looked like it had been done but i couldn't find any info on it.  

It's a sit start of a sidepull and a little pocket to a flattie, then you go up to a big flattie/sloper which you match, then a little bump with your right hand, left to a small indentation then you grovel your way over the top... is that the problem you were referring to?  seems stiff for v4, very stiff, but maybe that's because we were trying it on a hot summers day, although i'm not convinced.

ok, i just read the description for the game and it is that problem but there is one difference.  The game says you can use the arete to top out on, we didn't use that, just the little indentation on the top.  It was not v4 that way!  ANyone else done it that way???

billy

• regular
#3 New problem at Froggatt
May 27, 2003, 12:41:49 pm
I used the arete once i'd got stood on the big sloper below the lip but it wouldn't have made much difference to rock over without it. I suggested about V4 but i'm crap with guessing grades anyway! What would you give it :?:  (only curious, not bothered!)

Omega

• player
    • Powerband
#4 New problem at Froggatt
May 28, 2003, 03:24:31 pm
couple of questions:

where exactly does rambeau finish?  my guess is up the face to a sort of sidepull crack for the left and a large break for the right?  or should i have topped out??

and

what's the rounded arete about 200 yards left of sunset slab?  climbed on its right side with nice big rounded holds? not too tricky but v. nice IMHO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal