UKBouldering.com

at the dawn of bouldering on the internet.... (Read 1579 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
at the dawn of bouldering on the internet....
September 01, 2006, 02:37:59 pm
Came a group of young, naive and excitable reprobates. Largely fact, and largely fiction, they garnered together all of their web-design skills in one big unhealthily acquired heap, and produced the site of....

The North West Bouldering Posse.

Announcing the site feels a bit like one of those uncomfortable moments that everyone has been through. Sort of like a relative unearthing a video of you doing karaoke to the birdy song or some shit on a dusty old VHS tape. All you can do is cringe...

Enjoy the wise words on training, the ficticious stories of new ascents at the RAC's, the 'wind-up Faz'  Snowdonia reports,  the cock-sucking of Dave Birkett. It's all there. Remembrance to a time pre-guidebook, when a muddied copy of Northern Soul might well have been all we had to go on for the whole of the North Wales area. Beautiful times.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/nwbp/

Enjoy.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Now that is funny. :lol:

5 years ago?

Stubbs

Quote from: Monolith
According to many, bouldering is the new Rock and Roll in the climbing world. With the decline of sport climbing and traditional climbing on the increase, this can only strengthen its position. It is easy to become caught up in climbing grades rather than problems. Even if you can climb 8b then try to still remember that bouldering is about going the crag and having a laugh with your friends. 

Genius, have some waddage!

Monolith

• forum hero
Jesus it feels longer than 5 years I'm afraid! Although everything we wrote, and to a large extent believed in, came from little rumours here and there, it was a beautiful time.

You've got to love my claim to the Marshside dyno as being called Mills' dyno!

There must be other posse's operating out there with old school sites?! Or were we truly groundbreaking!?

Stay tuned for Bouldering World T shirts, caps and all other associated merch at the world bouldering championships  8)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
.... Pennywise....  :lol:

Monolith

• forum hero
Oh aye, I was totally punk lad. Like sometimes, I was late for registration in school, you know, some days I didn't go at all.

Pemb

• regular
  • probably injured
    • Longest Mile Records
I've been away for the weekend and only just seen this!

I basically got a bit excited by my new copy of Frontpage and thought a NWBP website would be a wondeful idea. I must also stress that we were very young and naive at the time. It's quite funny looking back on it now though actually.

Monolith

• forum hero
Pemb, it's cutting edge and you know it. It's no doubt inspired countless other top end bouldering sites. But seriously, I'd love to see other primordial posse sites!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal