UKBouldering.com

Funny, shitty gadgets (Read 5199 times)

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#25 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 01, 2006, 11:48:56 am
Re: the shewee. That's it, mock all you like but you guys are rather better equipped than us girlies for peeing standing up. I still wouldn't though.... <shudder>

i know what you mean - it's less embarassing people seeing your bum as you have a piss than them wondering how you were managing to pee standing up.

guess i would consider it for big wall or super cold places.

widdop

• addict
#26 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 01, 2006, 06:49:38 pm
whilst having a pee on the hill a lass appeared just yards above me ,she looked down and sead ,thats a usefully thing to have with you on a shit day like this ,and walked on

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 02, 2006, 11:15:50 am
Now that we live in the 'burbs, we constantly get the great 'Betterware' catalogue, and the even greater 'Kleeneze' publication.

Funny, shitty gadgets galore. My particular fave of the moment is the 'discreet' cap saver - two crocodile clips joined by laccy band to hold your baseball cap in place. Genius!!!!  :thumbsup:

Oh, I am in heaven!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 03, 2006, 01:14:48 pm
I need someone to invent a small remote control type thing to temporarily paralyse gobby office colleagues. Now there's something I WOULD buy.  :goodidea:

Won't exactly paralyse them (or even inflict injury), but you could try this piece of crap that someone in our office got the other day and insists on irritating people with (fortunately it doesn't fire round corners so I haven't had cause to throw it in the bin yet)... http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/usb-air-darts-140818.php

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#29 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 03, 2006, 01:22:10 pm
I don't have a picture but there is a TV-remote-thingy inside a soft rubber and foam brick that you can buy.  You throw it at the TV when you've had a gut-full and it turns it off.

andy_e

• forum hero
#30 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 03, 2006, 02:22:04 pm
Now that we live in the 'burbs, we constantly get the great 'Betterware' catalogue, and the even greater 'Kleeneze' publication.

Betterware is truly godawful. We bought a Pizza cutter/lifter combo which constantly left plastic pieces amongst our anchovies so we binnned it.

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#31 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 03, 2006, 04:02:16 pm
Andi,

you're not supposed to actually buy anything, just admire the crazy world of shit that someone has actually spent time inventing.  ;)

andy_e

• forum hero
#32 Re: Funny, shitty gadgets
September 03, 2006, 04:05:42 pm
I never bought it! It was all my mum! Bless her, she just wanted to make her life as a housewife easier...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal