UKBouldering.com

who's the belay bunny (Read 10421 times)

Idol eyes

• junky
#25 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 23, 2006, 08:58:43 pm
Can you remind me of the location, often pass by and can never remember the directions to it.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#26 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 23, 2006, 09:16:31 pm
Get to the sixth form college as you come out of widnes on the road into Cronton. Directly opposite the college are some iron gates. Through these with parking by the observatory at the top of the hill. Go through the wooden gate onto the green picnic area. Go down and to the right until you find some railings. Once at the railings follow them round until you reach the kissing gate. Down the steps with the slopey holds of Pisa Wall on your right and the hard to find, crimpy edges of Lady Jane on the left.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#27 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 23, 2006, 09:18:10 pm
Oh, and if your planning on going then let me know and I would be glad to give you a guided tour showing you some of the better known quality problems. Dont know what grade you boulder but unless Im on a top rope Im a punter. Enjoy!

mark

• forum abuser
#28 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 23, 2006, 09:50:35 pm
I climbed a lot with John Reti in the mid-eighties. Bumped him off at Helsby a couple of years ago and hid his body in a local gravel-pit - he's not climbing any more.

Well, if that's true then he has risen from the grave and his animated corpse stalks the earth. Particularly around Pen Trwyn, as I bumped into him there a couple of months ago and we did a bit of bouldering in Parisella's. He's now a teacher and has started climbing again.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#29 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 23, 2006, 10:48:21 pm
Everyones a teacher it seems. I will probably end up teaching geography seeing as I have no career ideas.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#30 Re: who's the belay bunny
September 24, 2006, 09:44:21 am
 What was that?
Well, if that's true then he has risen from the grave and his animated corpse stalks the earth. Particularly around Pen Trwyn, as I bumped him off again a couple of months ago and hid the bits of body in Parisella's.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal