UKBouldering.com

Sport Climbing Top Up (Read 3068 times)

Mike_H

• menacing presence
Sport Climbing Top Up
May 23, 2003, 09:42:32 am
Word

Ok I know it isn't exactly specific to bouldering but f*ck it, I'm more likely to get a decent response from you guys than that lot on CT -  bunch of in fighting punters.

Anyhow I'm off to Briancon at the end of next month to take in the delights of sport climbing. Now I ain't really done any sport climbing for well over a year and a half and have got a limited time i.e 4 weeks to get in to some sembalance of fitness.

Any tips on where to start? Can get to the wall about once or twice a week to do some leading and have access to West Vale to get some traversing in.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Sport Climbing Top Up
May 23, 2003, 09:49:46 am
Intervals mate! thats the answer. You have some time to play with which is good, you need to have a scan of Gresham's guide over at PlanetFear that will fill you re what to actually do to perform intervals, and I would say try and work towards some kind of macrocyclical routine, i.e within the week mix it up and work on a macro cycle until you go, again, Neil 'bigger biceps than my own head' Gresham is a good source of this info.

Mix it up, remember resting is the most important part of any training and write it all down.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#2 Sport Climbing Top Up
May 23, 2003, 10:06:08 am
Nice one Dobbin, I'll have a read of Mixmaster Gresham's articles and see what he has to say on the subject.

The idea of creating a macro-cycle and documenting it is a good one, i'll have a ponder on this.

Oh for those of you who contributed on my last training topic a couple of months back, things have been going well recently. Heres a few of the things I've ticked:

Low Pebble Wall,
Otley Wall,
Our Fathers Arete,
Flying Arete,
Small Smart Wall,
Smarter
Chink in the Armour

Plus about another 7 - 8 un named 6a's.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal