Can anyone clarify? (Read 2778 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 10:32:36 am
 Two things.
 I hear ont' grapevine that Welford has done the long standing prow/nose project on the block left of Living in Oxford. Anyone know more? Name, grade, style of ascent?
 T'other thing. Just noticed on David Mason and Dan Warren's 8a score cards a bunch of recent FAs at an undisclosed peak location, presumably a new venue, presumably limestone, in the 7b-7c range. Toad Hall perchance, or somewhere totally new? You boys listening, fancy spilling the beans?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 11:00:14 am
It's called Puck, 7b, but a bit gripping. He abbed and brushed it about 4 months ago, and briefly tried the move on the rope, then came back about a month ago and did it with a few pads. Not ground up, but not exactly a seiged top rope either.

Not sure about the Peak stuff, but Neil Travers has developed the bottom of Beginners Wall - the problems look very good. There is a 7b, 2 7cs, a 7c+ and an 8a+ sitting start.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 11:03:54 am
 Cheers.
 Did notice a bit of potential last time I was at Beginner's.

lanky suction

#3 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 11:32:47 am
Could be wrong, but I thought it was to the left of beginners wall.

Sounds interesting.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 12:05:11 pm
Could be wrong, but I thought it was to the left of beginners wall.

Sounds interesting.

Not sure if you're referring to Trav's probs or not, but they're definitely on Beginners Wall.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 08:00:12 pm
FAs at an undisclosed peak location, presumably a new venue, presumably limestone, in the 7b-7c range. Toad Hall perchance, or somewhere totally new?

Been developing a couple of new peak limestone areas recently. 'The Tube' is a cave in dovedale (not one of the ones mentioned on here in a recent thread). I was going to post up some details on here for anyone who fancies some peak esoterica. I've got some video to post when I get round to it to give an idea of what it is like.
Access is a bit less clear at the other place so I'd better not post on the net until I know more.

dan

dave

#6 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 30, 2006, 11:32:21 pm
me and scouse did a load of problems at the bottom of beginners wall last year, semi natural problems and eliminates, as warmups for the routes. mainly low starts finishing on the jug rail at the start of fossil/beginners. appart from these, Love Of Money, and maybe a direct start to midle age spread i can't see there being anything else here, theres not that much rock. I'd be interested to know what these travers things are.

We've also done other new problems in that valley this summer.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#7 Re: Can anyone clarify?
August 31, 2006, 08:10:50 am
 Good effort on the developments (woz)! So The Tube isn't the cave behind Reynard's Arch then (which is very tube like)? I'd love to hear more details, see some pics.
 Like the sound of -  Creep  The Tube  FA, 27ft roof, 20 moves. *** !
 Re the dodgy access crag, i'll do you a PM swap, you tell me where said crag is and i'll tell you where the Black garden is  ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:27:54 am by Bonjoy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal