UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 505573 times)

crzylgs

• addict
I'm not especially on the South Korean train (even though I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Parasite) but the description you've given those 3 films makes them all sound well worth a watch.

Will work through them when I can, cheers! :thumbsup:

tomtom

• forum hero
Speaking of trains... (this may be what you were talking about - sorry) but Snowpiercer is doing the rounds on Film4 at the moment https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/

Its weird - but quite good. Don't let the unusual concept (or the insect food) put you off!

crzylgs

• addict
I really enjoyed Snowpiercer. I had a feeling the food part was an excellent homage / tip of the cap to Soylent Green. Throw some class struggle and dystopia in to the mixing pot and I'm an instant fan.

TobyD

• forum hero
The Two Popes

Reasonably entertaining,  but rather pedestrian.  I think that the entire movie should have been a two piece between Hopkins and Pryce, as they're excellent,  and all these scenes sparkle. The set up news reel bits and scenic shots of the Vatican seem rather like filler for the main act. Well worth watching as it's on Netflix,  but I'd have been peeved if I'd paid for a cinema ticket. 

tomtom

• forum hero
I really enjoyed Snowpiercer. I had a feeling the food part was an excellent homage / tip of the cap to Soylent Green. Throw some class struggle and dystopia in to the mixing pot and I'm an instant fan.

I watched it at the deckchair cinema in Darwin NT. sat outside in mid 20ís with insects buzzing around was quite a juxtaposition to the film :)