UKBouldering.com

Cuttings Boulderfield this weekend (19&20/8) anyone? (Read 1440 times)

bikerboy

Well I've persevered throughout the summer and I'm still enjoying it all..even as a newbie! :lol:

So I'm off down to Portland this weekend (weather dependent).  Anyone else fancy a meeting up to tackle a few of the lower grade problems? :-[

Don't ask me my current grade, cause I suspect I still haven't got one - but heck I'm learning all the time and getting better on the stuff I've tried. What's more I'm enjoying it.

I've got a copy of the Rock Fax guide to the area - so will work around that for starters - unless sombody else has previous experience.

I'll be heading down from Bath on me bike (with Alpkit Whoompf secured) and can get there at any reasonable time (will be staying over at Poole on the Saturday night).

Short notice I know - but let me know if you're up for it. :thumbsup:

Ta

Mart

bikerboy

??? I'll be taking that as a 'No' then.

Tell me, was it:

a) the lack of experience (on my part)
b) the venue
c) the weather prospects
d) the abundance of shy and retiring types to be found on this forum or
e) none of the above
f) all of the above
g) or  :rtfm:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

It's probably the fact that nobody knows you from adam....and isn't the bouldering there meant to be a bit shit anyway?

Duma

• forum hero
b. it is rubbish. I know, I spent 7 years living in Southampton and the cuttings was the nearest bouldering - I only went down to have a look once...

And what bubba said. Honestly, get down to dartmoor, you'll have a much better time if the weather holds, and it's about the same distance. Check this out http://www.javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/DartmoorBouldering/index.shtml for topos.

Would gladly nip down t' moor for some blocage but for the fact that I'm spending the weekend wasted at http://www.beautifuldays.org/ :bounce:

Hope you have a good one whatever - I'd say go even if you don't get any interest, one of the great things about bouldering is you can have an ace time without reliance on partners.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:25:55 pm by Duma »

bikerboy

Thanks for that.

Well given my ability (shite) it'll probably be well suited to me then! :'(

As I'm in the area I'll be going regardless and report back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal