UKBouldering.com

Stoners clogging up the crags... (Read 25078 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#125 Stoners clogging up the crags...
January 09, 2006, 06:38:48 pm
Quote from: "Francis Holland"
Quote from: "Bubba"
FOAM - are you smoking and drinking at the same time - a deadly combination for some people.

It's worth pointing out that all these problems can also caused by alcohol use, so it's worth keeping demonising cannabis into perspective.

As a youth we used to smoke the weed through a bong, but the bong was full of whisky not water, that was mind blowing.

These days I sip my whisky by the fire in my carpet slippers, and havent smoked for 8 years. (apart from Sloper stag night!)

Just stay off the snuff, you didn't look well in the morning.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#126 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 29, 2006, 10:54:32 am
Resurrection time again.

A good thread this. 

There may not currently be a wealth of evidence to prove that pot and mental flakiness are interminably linked but I feel it's in the post.  The evidence is ready and waiting to be discovered; it's just a matter of time before the funding reaches the researchers in question and they turn up what everybody already knows deep down:  Pot screws your swede.

I've climbed on all the drugs I've taken, after a while it becomes a bore.  Pot robs me of the will to climb, train, even crack one off in the shower.  Problems I've climbed one or no-handed become the living end of bouldering endeavour.  I pull on, become confused, fall off.  On rare occasions when I've showed restraint and had a minimal toot instead of a pure silver haze biffer the size of Captain Cavemans' club & large enough to floor a rhino, I've got in the zone.  Quite what zone I was in is anyones idea...

It makes you weirder than you normally are, and if you happen to be really fucking weird to begin with it can be an issue.  Some say it's a social lubricant.  I say it's like putting troupe of limbo dancers in a tub of mollasses and asking them to do their best work.  It's a ball and chain, a slippery slope and shite for cardiovascular fitness and mental agility.  It turns beautiful sentient hyper-intelligent people into dribbling fools.

I'm sick and tired of super-stoners and their lack of general life-efficiency.  Their mumbling incoherent ass-twaddle, the filth of their living conditions (wash up?  I can't be arsed!), their eternal random lateness for every appointment they make.

It has taken me a decade to learn how to appreciate drugs correctly without the greed gene kicking in.  There are so many memories I can never recall, and that makes me sad.

I've met very very few drug users who, in my non-professional opinion, are not self-medicating their pains and worries away.  It won't work.  I know.  I've spent most of my life being 100% straight-edge, and then flipped the tables and found myself making joints before breakfast.  It's crap.  Save your money, have more holidays, fuck more beautiful women, climb harder, destroy crosswords, talk more, have more friends, be less selfish - but don't find yourself on an 1/8 of expensive weapons grade a day.

(And that pic of a crusty Gerry fat pigerella was most amusing!  And those tits are fake dude!)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#127 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 29, 2006, 11:10:55 am
It has taken me a decade to learn how to appreciate drugs correctly without the greed gene kicking in.
This says it all really - it's the difference between use and abuse.

I've met very very few drug users who, in my non-professional opinion, are not self-medicating their pains and worries away.  It won't work.  I know.
It won't work *for you*. But it does work for me. We are all different. And I've met a lot of people who take drugs entirely recreationally.

But I agree that it's unlikely to help your climbing.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#128 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 29, 2006, 11:35:47 am
the difference between use and abuse.

So true.

And I've met a lot of people who take drugs entirely recreationally.

Also true.  I know a man who chases the dragon before cracking into his gardening, recreationally.   His garden sucks.  We all know different people who use.  We are not privvy to the reasons why.  Nor are we usually privvy to all the drugs involved and the extent of use/abuse.  In my experience, drug users can tell shocking fibs (about their consumption).  Not always, mind.

I forgot to ask what happened to FOAM.  Oh FOAM, you are Manna sent from heaven, where are you now.....?

Today the quoting system is my enemy.  Fuck it.

Stoners clogging the checkout on munchie missions is more of an arse.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 07:52:50 pm by Houdini »

andy_e

• forum hero
#129 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 29, 2006, 10:56:25 pm
What did happen to FOAM? Perhaps he died from Irn Bru abuse?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#130 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 30, 2006, 11:25:34 am
i like to think that he started talking normal, changed his nom de plume and is still with us

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#131 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
July 30, 2006, 12:37:23 pm
  I don't think I have ever been bouldering in Wales for a single session without anyone present smoking weed or rollies.  I would'nt say I was particularly parsial to the weed as it tends to send my head up my arse, but I do smoke the odd fag (thats British speak, not American).  Like, chill out dudes.

Idol eyes

• junky
#132 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 05, 2006, 10:41:50 pm
"One thing i realise is the fact that i can do anything stoned that i can do straight, only, after a joint, i also realise, its just not worth it"
Sympathy for stoners...
Think of the future, and ban all illicit substances at limestone crags, and let the gritstoners get high, without being brought down by heavy opinions.
Love, Peace and freedom...

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#133 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 02:21:44 pm
I don't really think drugs are prone to inhibit your climbing performance in moderation. I am 21 nearly 22 I have never ever drank smoked or taken any mind altering substance and i mean nothing not a single pint in my entire life, and I climb mostly like poo in comparison to pros who seem to be able to get cained and then go out cruising 8a's. if you ever think about going totaly straight edge my advice is don't its probably not worth it just enjoy yourself and be careful and don't hurt others in the process. :beer2:

Idol eyes

• junky
#134 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 03:46:17 pm
I personally believe that drugs really are bad for you, chemical substances are probably the foundation of alot of social problems, and are not just confined the ASBO generation, this problem exists across the social spectrum.
Natural substances and phsycotropic plants are however true Allies of imagination, and have inspired artists and individuals to perform beyond the boundary's of normal perception, the tree of knowledge has always been forbidden

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#135 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 06:38:57 pm
(rising predictably to the bait) not sure if I understand the distinction you're making: "drugs = unnatural = bad" versus "natural = ally of the imagination".  Perhaps I am ill-informed but isn't cocaine "natural"?  Can't say I personally that with any great degree of betterment - twatishness maybe, but not flights of lyric wonderment. 

dave

#136 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 06:58:21 pm
I think he just means made-up drugs are bad. Like Cake, for example, the new killer drug from Prague:

often refered to as "ponce on the heath".

Idol eyes

• junky
#137 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 07:10:33 pm
Its processed with agents such as petrol, ethanol and caustic soda, there are natural derivatives of the coca involving sea shells, or lime,. I kind of tryed to promote the issue that marijuana, Mushrooms and various other plants (Mandrake, Peyote and hauasca) have major role in shammanism, the most usefull ally though, used in the Americas, is tobacco (smoke being the medium between worlds, it attracts spirits, for they crave light and flame, and will exchange infomation that can not be gained through meditation alone), and this is obviously the most detrimental with regards to health.
So the drift i get from you is that,
1, All uses of any drug are equal to another?
2, ?
the last sentence of you statement may need altering, the grammar do not see write...
The fact is hard drugs are killing people!
Soft drugs used recreational, have less impact.
this is my general feeling, and to adhere to the thread, the odd joint at the crag is nothing compared to jacking a load of ephedrine before a climbing comp... savvy!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#138 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 11, 2006, 08:50:48 pm
shammanism

Interesting typo (or is it, is it, is it?)

I'm figuring it's largely lung cancer that gets the stoners.

I'm not anti-drugs just anti-naff behaviour whilst being on drugs.  Being the doer of, or watching it.

All uses of any drug are equal to another?

Danny would say That's politics, innit?  I'd say smack/crackheads are tedious motherfuckers.

Snorting drugs is a hideous habit.

bob

• player
#139 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 13, 2006, 11:05:39 pm
i guess it's also good to consider where your hard earned pennies are going as well.is it a pastey looking scally from rhyl thats going to spend it on some tasetful bling or a lithuanian gangster that uses it to finance the abduction and transport of women into the sex trade or maybe some afghan drug baron just itching to get his fingers on the latest in shoulder mounted missile technology.fortunatly my powder addiction is only going to fund the metolius christmas party. 

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#140 Re: Stoners clogging up the crags...
August 15, 2006, 07:57:55 pm
shammanism

Interesting typo (or is it, is it, is it?)

I'm figuring it's largely lung cancer that gets the stoners.

I'm not anti-drugs just anti-naff behaviour whilst being on drugs.  Being the doer of, or watching it.

All uses of any drug are equal to another?

Danny would say That's politics, innit?  I'd say smack/crackheads are tedious motherfuckers.

Snorting drugs is a hideous habit.

Having interviewed a number of smack/crack heads tedious isn't the word, sadly they were without exception (and i've interviewed hundreds of them) fucked up before they became addicts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal