UKBouldering.com

shropshire bouldering guide (Read 37232 times)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#100 Re: shropshire bouldering guide
May 18, 2020, 01:15:05 pm
Thread resurrection! Saw this in the other channel, looks like a decent resource https://shropshirebouldering.co.uk/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rock_talk/shropshire_bouldering-719511

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#101 Re: shropshire bouldering guide
May 25, 2021, 10:31:23 am
Nevermind, went Adder hunting instead, but what with the uninterrupted sunshine it was too hot. Luckily I found a Toad instead which saved the day from being a waste.
:lol: :lol:

Cross-posting here for future reference, also digging back through this topic raised some smiles, the halycon days of JB / cofe / Grimer....

This does NOT contain L'Angle Shropfait / Terminator / Easter Edge as it was a bit too hard for me (came close, quite a crank to the tiny edges higher up, incidentally this isn't actually the King Line of Grinshill.....Libertine (7A+ (!)) is....go check it out sandstoneers).

It does however contain:

JB's "The Third Brother Out Of Five" problem which was brilliant and quite unusual.
"Utopia" - certified by Richie Crouch as "not a warm-up", I concur.
A cameo from The Nesscliffe Monster.

Hopefully it should give an idea what people were all chatting about 14 years ago  ::)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#102 Re: shropshire bouldering guide
May 25, 2021, 11:00:45 am
The photo of JB stood under Terminator earlier in the thread makes it look incredible. Psyched!

Does anyone know where Urban Culture Dispatj is? Only record I can find is on peakbouldering.info - the sole climb listed at "Birchover Quarry", which doesn't have an entry on UKC and might be what is now known as Stanton in the Woods, but no climb of that name there?

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#103 Re: shropshire bouldering guide
May 25, 2021, 11:05:12 am
It’s mostly buried at the back of a housing estate that was developed shortly after the first ascent.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal