UKBouldering.com

Witch Hunt (Read 885 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Witch Hunt
July 27, 2006, 10:59:52 am
It's time we had a thread on the Witch.

She inspired a cool sideways problem on the southside and boggled the minds of innumerable campers, tourists, climbers, boulderers, walkers, in fact anyone she met.

She had a cool house. I wonder where she is now and what will happen to her house.

What do you make of the Witch?

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: Witch Hunt
July 27, 2006, 12:23:55 pm
Not exactly sure who you mean.   :shrug:

Now, I've done the problem and over the years my mind has been "boggled" in many different ways, maybe even by this "witch", so please explain a little more if you can.  This could of course be a thread for those in the know only.  In which case I shall listen and learn...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: Witch Hunt
July 27, 2006, 12:44:18 pm
Sorry.  Wasn't trying to be cryptic.  Thought all who had passed through or parked  in her patch would have seen her.  She collected cash for the parking/camping.  Quite mad.  I'm not sure who collects the money now. 

Her  place in the memories of many is assured.  Nothing had been done with the house last time I was there, I think it's been sold.

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: Witch Hunt
July 27, 2006, 01:50:16 pm
Ah ha, my suspicions were correct.  I know exactly who you mean.

Yeah, paid her plenty of money over the years.  I was even camped way up by Llwyfan (sp?) once, in the mist and drizzle and she banged on the side of the tent to wake us up sometime before 7.30am.  No idea how she knew we were up there as no other f*cker was to be seen.  Never a problem paying her though.  It's always a great place to sleep out and great things rarely come free.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#4 Re: Witch Hunt
July 27, 2006, 11:31:23 pm
If this is the witch I'm thinking of, she tried to charge me for sleeping in my car opposite the Cromlech boulders in '89 or '90. Unsurprisingly I failed to pay her, as no services had been offered for the money....

Andy F

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal