UKBouldering.com

European granite bouldering (Read 1934 times)

Idol eyes

• junky
European granite bouldering
July 27, 2006, 07:53:31 am
This place rocks, Fueurteventura has one area that quite frankly will blow you away...It is confined to one valley, i have lots of contacts in the area and I am thinking of organizing a one week trip to make a short film. It is mostly bouldering, and the rock is patina granite and has a high quality adhesion rating similar to the buttermilks, also the valley is very beautifull, and the surfing is bad ass,, lots of chicks from all over the world, but, alas no hard clubbing, the night life is totally benidorm... but we can sort that out. If there is enough interest generated, we can pull off an island party, given the time period of the next 3 months this will be not enough time for most folk to sort it out, so maybee next year, will post photos when i learn how to...

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: European granite bouldering
July 27, 2006, 08:31:50 am
Well, you got me interested (admittedly not in a trip in the near future).  Sounds even better than Burbage.

If you have photos already, then work out how to post them, I'd like to see them.  It ain't that hard to post photos, jeez even I can do it!  There is a thread somewhere on the site explaining how to post photos, just do a search.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#2 Re: European granite bouldering
July 28, 2006, 10:55:54 am
I'm heading out there in November mainly to surf and get some sunshine... any details of where I might find said location?

B

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3 Re: European granite bouldering
July 29, 2006, 03:04:24 pm
Had a family hol on Fuerta earlier this year and all I could find was some rotten basalt outcrops by the sea. I literally 'made' a couple of probs by pulling off the loose choss and pulling on what was left. The Surfing/wakeboarding/windsurfing/kiteboarding did look awesome though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal