UKBouldering.com

Bath area Boulderers (Read 8560 times)

Palomides

• forum abuser
#25 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 13, 2006, 03:49:55 pm
... the main boulder below the road is best approached from below. Fork off right as you come up the road towards the main layby and its visible from the road on the left when you're by the entrance to warleigh manor. ...

ben, have you seen this? http://www.woodlands.co.uk/par-manor-wood.htm

Looks like some of that woodland is available for sale  ;D

(Although the map at the bottom shows a "rock" outside the for sale bit)

ben

• obsessive maniac
#26 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 13, 2006, 03:58:07 pm
palomides - i hadn't seen that, but have seen the signs there. Obviously no-one thinks the 'garlic meadow traverse' is worth £30000, can't think why..

dense - mail me (ben@mendipclimb.org.uk), am off to france/pyrenees/alps for 4 months on 1st august, need some bouldering spot recommendations

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 13, 2006, 04:52:50 pm

Chris - the roof lip traverse is in a different spot to the carved font thing, lower down the hillside and across further..   and Raine is the surname you're looking for.  I actually met mike for the first time when we were both at bathford cutting ivy off/cleaning the big boulder at the LH end, think that was in 2001

That's right, the year of the big dig. You OK? Been in the water much?

bikerboy

#28 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 13, 2006, 06:30:46 pm
The lower bouldering area at SITW is just past Warleigh Manor as i remember it.
Give me a shout next time your heading down.
[/quote]

Simon, I was planning to head across this weekend again. Though have to admit after a visit to Haresfield Beacon today and a bit of a play on the traverse up there (well parts of it anyway!) - the tendons are feeling a little tender!!

Prefer late afternoon if you're around? Can e-mail me on martewright@yahoo.com

By the way if anyone spots a Black Cateye Cycle computer (well the handlebar mounted unit of it) it'd be mine - fell of while working my way through the undergrowth (whilst I was trying to find a shortcut out of the woods and back to bathford!!!!!!!!!!!)

Finding it is worth at least 2x :beer2:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#29 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 14, 2006, 07:50:39 am
Though have to admit after a visit to Haresfield Beacon today and a bit of a play on the traverse up there (well

Did you find the traverse below the main one? It's just below a large tree (oak?) nice moves on better rock than the main traverse section.

ben

• obsessive maniac
#30 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 14, 2006, 02:17:50 pm
That's right, the year of the big dig. You OK? Been in the water much?
am fine, haven't been to bathford much and think i've forgotten how to surf...  been climbing a lot though and am off to france for 4 months in a couple of weeks - with 3 weeks on the west coast to start, so an ideal time to get back into it!

bikerboy

#31 Re: Bath area Boulderers
July 14, 2006, 04:50:59 pm
Did you find the traverse below the main one? It's just below a large tree (oak?) nice moves on better rock than the main traverse section.
[/quote]

Thanks Chris! - have to admit I didn't venture that far. Certainly had enough to pass some time on the main traverse.

Looks like I'll be paying another visit soon then!!! :greed:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal