UKBouldering.com

Lakes Bouldering (Read 1720 times)

Idol eyes

• junky
Lakes Bouldering
August 08, 2006, 01:36:19 pm
Hello, just interested in a couple of areas and problems. Any info on Wind Mor End? went there recently and climbed the route left of Rebel W O A Pause E3 6A. As usual, Im thinking F.A. and want to know names grades and all that, think Public Enemy is a good name, three stars and about 6B highball (as is the route R.W.O.A.P)
Will direct this at G.Chapman, have lots of footage and photos from areas around here, I hate photos but the guy who took them is a really nice fella and totally keen on HVS climbing and Photography, can you two talk and use his photos in your forthcoming guide? his name is Barney Whitside and he has loads of photos of the area. Thanks G...
Will have to talk areas, Pink Quarry @ Shap is really worth including, about six probs here, the best being the (ok, V grade) 2x V5s
"Not Quite Shit and, Not Quite Crap" alas N.Q.S has been bolted, someone has just destroyed the cresent arete of the lakes...
Will get it together and compile the lists for you G,
Mile High wall, my ascent and vario of this wall is V6, and called "sex in the cock pit"
The prob opposite the thorn crag is called "patricky"
nice one, C U around

Greg C

• forum hero
#1 Re: Lakes Bouldering
August 08, 2006, 02:58:27 pm
Cheers Pat, consider this noted.

G

andyh

• stalker
#2 Re: Lakes Bouldering
August 08, 2006, 03:14:42 pm
where's pink quarry near shap? what's it like aesthetically, i.e. a good place to go wiv mi bird?

Idol eyes

• junky
#3 Re: Lakes Bouldering
August 08, 2006, 06:44:43 pm
Hmm, not a pretty place, would be a great party venue. Not much here really, good for a nose once or twice, the bouldering is on the left hand end and is excellent granite, the routes are total death... one or two lines would be worth bolting.
Very important to remember, you are not allowed to climb here, so if your girlie likes being chased, this is a great venue(go after 6.00pm), It is the big place on the A6...

andyh

• stalker
#4 Re: Lakes Bouldering
August 09, 2006, 09:33:47 am
ah right, not the pastoral heaven i was hoping for, i'll stick to my secret lakeside venues. cheers anyways

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal